Which Model do you Prefer?

Neglecting Price, Which Model do you Prefer for OC'ing?

• Zalman 9900

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Cooler Master HYPER 212+

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Noctua NH-D14

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Corsair CAF A70

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

casualbuilder

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2011
Hey guys, im just starting this for fun. Everyone always has their preferences, so im looking for prefs on the top 4 HSF i see always recommended here.

Rules:

YOU MUST HAVE SOME EXPERIENCE with this first hand. (e.g. personal/friend ownership, installed/worked on)

Price is not of the issue, as this is what works BEST for OC'd cpu's.

Please keep comments to a minimal on thread, this is a voting poll only.

All items can be found on newegg.com if you need to "re-aquaint" yourselves with the product.

**HAVE FUN!**

Toxxyc

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2011
Well I have the 212+, and it's awesome, but apparently the Noctua is quite the cooler. I'd not mind to get one someday and test it out, they are fair fairly rare in South Africa.

I use local cooler, OEM from spire thermax eclipse II , in my country no name , no finishing, and other with finishing called PCCOOLER .. It's good for me. I swapped my Tuniq tower 120 extreme. And use pccooler .. He he funny name of cooler. Performance very very good than tuniq for my phenom 1055T.
That cool and cool. Just sharing.

Edit: pict delete , alway's keep in my box :)

Rizlla

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2011
I would say the Zalman. I own one and it works great. My CPU never overheats and it looks great in my case too as it adds even more to the blue theme of my setup. I have an Antec 902 so everything is blue. :)

nordlead

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2011
If money wasn't an issue and I was deciding between the 4, it would be the Zalman. It looks the coolest, and it isn't overly massive like the Noctua.

lozz08

Distinguished
May 24, 2011
Henydiah,

I can't believe that temperature. With that cpu at 1.65v, and a cooler equal with a D14, I'm gonna say you either live on the moon, or you're seeing some serious thermal throttling on that beast.

casualbuilder

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2011

This is simply for OC'ing a cpu to its max potential at STABLE performance (Prime95 for minimum 2hrs). I do realize that water cooling gets you farther, but i wanted opinions on the 4 Air cooling systems i have set up there, as i see them most often in the forums. I guess for gaming systems looking for that 4.0GHz target, either AMD or intel, as i think at least the noctua and the zalman are co-compatible. Sorry if i was a bit shady with the info, stick to AMD cpu's for this thread.

It's all up to you, no trush no problem for me ... I use only 4core and disabled 2core, it will give more cool for my cpu, and cpu is batch gold he he .. Just lucky for me .. This is sharing about cooler. And I vote top noctua nhd-14 for @casualbuilder