Sign in with
Your question

ASUS P7P55D-E PRO question

Last response: in Motherboards
January 25, 2010 10:30:35 AM

Hi,

I've been looking to buy this motherboard but have found couple of reviews on Newegg from people complaining about a high pitch noise coming from it.

]http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductReview.aspx?Item=N82E16813131621]

Really like the board because of it's implementation of USB3.0 and SATA 6Gb...
Anyone heard about something like this before? Is this just a couple of "bad" samples or a more widespread issue? Is it worth the risk?
a b V Motherboard
January 25, 2010 11:52:33 PM

the link doesn't work

but don't worry about it it is an ASUS, so you can count on quality
January 26, 2010 6:08:22 AM

Try now... last comment says that ASUS support stated that it looks like a bad batch...

Problem is I'll be visiting US next week and plan on buying some parts there, so RMA-ing will be an issue if it turns out noisy/bad...

Can someone suggest a similar board from another manufacturer? Also been looking at Gigabyte P55A-UD4P but don't particularly like how USB3.0 is implemented there...
Related resources
January 30, 2010 3:50:55 AM

I am having the same issue. I really want to get the p7p55d-e deluxe but I was reading the horrid reviews on newegg about the high pitched whine.

It looks like I may just have to take a risk with this buy. For one, it seems that the ASUS boards have implemented SATA and USB 3.0 the best (at least from what I have gathered), and for two, I try to stay loyal to companies that have done me well in the past, and ASUS has.

I think I may just cross my fingers and get one of the boards, hoping it wont be one of the "bad batch" whiners.
February 2, 2010 12:59:34 PM

I've been trying to find an answer to this question too. USB3 and SATA 3 are still in their infancy, and as such your options are limited to a select few boards that support them. I'm inclined to recommend the p55a-ud4p because the reviews I've read are usually very positive unlike the p7p55d-e pro.

If you can't wait for more information about the Asus board and you really want USB3 support now, the p55a is really your only option.

Just remember that you're limited to two upgrade paths with p55a; Either you crossfire, OR you use USB3/SATA3 hardware.

If you need crossfire as an option, you may want to hold off on a USB3 capable board.

Just my 2 cents.

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
February 14, 2010 11:06:31 PM

I have had this board for a couple of days now.
I have not noticed any whining

Board was bought in Japan. So as some one mentioned it might be a batch problem.

!