gotmog

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2009
Ok guys i will try to give as much info as possible.

I have bought a new computer, and it worked for 2 weeks without any problem. And today I was working on it, was downloading some stuff via rapidshare, and opened a game, 2 mins into the game my screen goes blank, and my PC resets.. was thinking wth.. ok maybe some win 7 update or somthn.. But then screen come on, BIOS boot shows and after it i get a sign similar to this one "&" and it fills up my whole screen, somthn like this..

I&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&I
I&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&I
I&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&I

after that i get: the usual windows was closed bla bla. do you want to start it normally, i click on it and I get my loading screen with such low graphic.
you have a black screen with some black purplish dots, and my logo has like 4bits, and horrible colors. and it wont pass the boot screen.
When i try to get it in safe mode it works fine, no problems what so ever.. Any one having any thoughts on this one?

Computer spec:

MBO ASUS P7P55D, iP55, DDR3, zvuk, S-ATA, RAID, G-LAN, CrossFireX, PCI-E, eSATA, FW, ATX, s.1156
CPU INTEL Core i5 750 BOX, s. 1156, 2.66MHz, 9MB cache, 64 bit, QuadCore
VGA PCI-E XFX GeForce GTX 275, 896MB DDR3, DualDVI, HDTV
Napajanje 650W, CORSAIR TX Series CMPSU-650TX, ATX2 v2.2, 120mm vent.

Can you give me any advise what to do.. did anyone have similar problems?
I just hope its software issue and not the hardware..

I'll be checking this post intensively and give replys asap so if you need any additional info feel free to ask.

Thank you for your time and effort.

Br,
Damir

Do you have a hex code for the issue? It flashes on the blue screen, and would at least give a direction to look...

If you suspect something may have become corrupt, you can try a Repair:

(1) Boot to your Win 7 DVD

(2) Once it finishes doing it's thing, select your language (next)

(3) In the lower left, select "Repair Your Computer"

(4) On the next screen, select the OS you want to repair, and click on 'Next'

(5) Select the appropriate option (Startup, Restore, System Recovery, etc etc)

gotmog

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2009
Hi,

First of all thank you for the reply..
The problem is I didnt get any blue screen, only reset.. and thats when my problem started.. I will try to repair.. a friend suggested i try hirens boot CD to test the hardware to see if the problem is software of hardware.

Br,
Damir

Only a reset? That may indicate some kind of power problem: So the first step would be to check your PSU, and that all the connections to/from it are secure. Also check the power and reset buttons on your case - A short here could cause the same problem.

gotmog

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2009
i checked it.. but still loss of a power supply would be visible when i use it intensively via games or somthn... but that wouldnt explain the problems i'm experiencing..
with power supply is the same either you have power and it works or you dont have power and it restes or it doesnt work..
so i could turn on my comp and it would get to win boot screen and stayed there for indefenetly (grammar)..

Br,
Damir