Sign in with
Your question

Heatsink for ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3

Last response: in Overclocking
September 17, 2011 12:01:54 AM

Hey everyone. I am wondering if anyone of you ASRockers out there with a P67 could tell me which heatsink you use. I setup my PC with this mobo yesterday only to find out the aftermarket heatsink I purchased was too big and will not fit. Trying to find a semi stylish looking one that will fit and perform well.

I bought the Zalman CNPS11X . It has somewhat of a triangular shape which I think is the reason it won't fit. It hits the large metal part of the mobo(mobo heatsink I think, forgive me I'm a total n00b). I even tried to reposition the heatsink but the mounting piece will only allow it to mount 2 ways, exhausting towards the rear and front of the case, which neither will actually fit.

It is installed in a Corsair Obsidian 650D.

Here is a link to the motherboard ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 . You can view a good top angle picture of it and you will see there is very little clearance for a heatsink. Being a n00b and this is my first time building a PC, I didn't take that into consideration. There is really only about the same amount of room as the stock heat sink/fan that came with the Intel Core i5 2500k until it passes the height of the metal thing. You can see the square and circular frame around the CPU. This is an excellent outline and pretty much exactly what I have to work with. It measures 10x10 cm.
a c 239 K Overclocking
September 17, 2011 1:46:17 AM

corsair H60 / H70 will fit
a c 206 K Overclocking
September 18, 2011 4:13:05 PM

I think Zalman had the right idea with the heat pipe and arrangement function of the CNPS11X, but the cooling fins start way too low, I think many motherboards are going to have a problem mounting it.

That may be a Zalman idea that has to go back to the drawing board.

As henydiah has shown you the H60 and H70 will fit just fine, just make sure you have airflow over the motherboards voltage regulators.
!