Sign in with
Your question

New build with lots of issues. What's going on?

Tags:
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
August 2, 2009 5:59:14 PM

So here are my specs:

Intel i7 920 stock at 2.67GHz
Gigabyte GA-EX85-Extreme mobo
two sets of 3 x 2GB OCZ Gold DDR3 1600 RAM
Evga Nvidia Geforce GTX 295 graphics card
Coolermaster V8 CPU cooler
Corsair 850TX 850W power supply
Coolermaster HAF 932 full tower
Windows Vista 64-bit

Assebly went without a hitch but we ran into a couple of problems getting everything set up. For some reason the Intel screen where you get into the RAID Bios to set up a RAID array was going so fast that I didn't have time to push any command buttons before it went away. How do I get in to set up a RAID array? I went ahead and installed the operating system deciding that if it wasn't going to let me get into the RAID bios that I'd be ok without it. Operating system installed no problem. I installed it on one of my three hard drives and everything seemed to be ok, until I got into Windows. For some reason the only hard drive that is being displayed is the one with the OS installed onto it. Also when I put in the disc that came with the mobo to install all the drivers it said that there were only 4GB of RAM and that the system's performace rating is 1 (which is very low). Along with all of this I can't seem to get the thing connected to the internet properly. I thought that installed the Gigabyte drivers would take care of this but it hasn't. What could be causing all of these issues? Really desperate for help.

More about : build lots issues

August 2, 2009 6:29:21 PM

P.S. The other two hard drives and all the RAM show up in the device manager and in the computer info control panel but no where else. I was just told that the RAM will only show how much RAM is being used. What can I do to make sure that all my RAM is being utilized.
m
l
!