  • Task Manager
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
July 20, 2004 2:07:58 PM

When I run "msconfig" the System Configuration Utility
window opens up, but for only a few seconds and then
closes. I can not get it to stay open. The same thing
happens to the Task Manager window. Any suggestions?
Thanks

More about : system configuration utility

Anonymous
July 20, 2004 3:38:30 PM

John, that could be a Virus. Check at kelly's
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_abc.htm Select T
and scroll to Task Manager.

Check your settings here: For Pro

Start/Run/gpedit.msc. User Configuration/Administrative
Templates/System/Crtl+Alt+Del Options. In the right pane double click Remove
Task Manager and enable it.

Also, if you have disabled the Alerter Service, CAD will be disabled. If
neither of these are the case and the Task Manager only opens for a few
seconds, then closes:

This behavior can be caused by a virus. One of three:

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data...