System Configuration Utility

When I run "msconfig" the System Configuration Utility
window opens up, but for only a few seconds and then
closes. I can not get it to stay open. The same thing
happens to the Task Manager window. Any suggestions?
Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about system configuration utility

    John, that could be a Virus. Check at kelly's
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_abc.htm Select T
    and scroll to Task Manager.

    Check your settings here: For Pro

    Start/Run/gpedit.msc. User Configuration/Administrative
    Templates/System/Crtl+Alt+Del Options. In the right pane double click Remove
    Task Manager and enable it.

    Also, if you have disabled the Alerter Service, CAD will be disabled. If
    neither of these are the case and the Task Manager only opens for a few
    seconds, then closes:

    This behavior can be caused by a virus. One of three:

    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.spybot.worm.html
    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.klez.gen@mm.html
    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.yaha.e@mm.html

    "John" <john.kilmer@aes.com> wrote in message
    > When I run "msconfig" the System Configuration Utility
    > window opens up, but for only a few seconds and then
    > closes. I can not get it to stay open. The same thing
    > happens to the Task Manager window. Any suggestions?
    > Thanks

Configuration Microsoft Task Manager Windows XP