System Configuration Utility

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

When I run "msconfig" the System Configuration Utility
window opens up, but for only a few seconds and then
closes. I can not get it to stay open. The same thing
happens to the Task Manager window. Any suggestions?
Thanks

John, that could be a Virus. Check at kelly's
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_abc.htm Select T
and scroll to Task Manager.

Check your settings here: For Pro

Start/Run/gpedit.msc. User Configuration/Administrative
Templates/System/Crtl+Alt+Del Options. In the right pane double click Remove
Task Manager and enable it.

Also, if you have disabled the Alerter Service, CAD will be disabled. If
neither of these are the case and the Task Manager only opens for a few
seconds, then closes:

This behavior can be caused by a virus. One of three:

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.spybot.worm.html
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.klez.gen@mm.html
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.yaha.e@mm.html