Downgrading to 600 * 480 Display?

I have an older InFocus LitePro 570 projector which suits my needs fine
except that it only supports up to 600 * 480 resolution. It works great
with my older laptop with a 600 * 480 display mode but I cannot get my newer
Thinkpad R50p or Thinkpad R40 to go below 800 * 600 resolution.

Is there any way to reduce the resolution in my Thinkpad R40 or R50p in
order to work with this projector?

Can I buy a PCMCIA video card or otherwise create a lower resolution output?

--------------------
Richard Kaplan
rkaplan@flyimc.com
www.flyimc.com
2 answers Last reply
More about downgrading display

    Rich,

    Richard Kaplan <rkaplan@flyimc.com> wrote:

    > Is there any way to reduce the resolution in my Thinkpad R40 or R50p
    > in order to work with this projector?

    You have to make the projector the primary display and turn _off_ the
    lapop's display.

    You can then adjust the settings to whatever the projector will support.

    Regards,

    James

    "JHEM" <James@ESAD_SPAMMERS.thinkpads.com> wrote in message

    > You have to make the projector the primary display and turn _off_ the
    > lapop's display.
    > You can then adjust the settings to whatever the projector will support.

    OK, I see now... the Presentation Director which pops up when I do Fn-F7 has
    default options which are all dual display-projector options at high
    resolution. I can define a "New" projection option which can indeed be
    projector-only at 640 * 480.

    Thanks.

    Richard Kaplan
    rkaplan@flyimc.com
    www.flyimc.com

Laptops Thinkpad Resolution Projector Displays