Windows System Error - HELP!

I get this message now: There is an IP address conflict
with another system on the network. What does this
mean and what do I do about it?
2 answers Last reply
More about windows system error help

    Please try your question on the Windowsxp.network_web newsgroup.

    --
    Michael Solomon MS-MVP
    Windows Shell/User

    "Oxy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I get this message now: There is an IP address conflict
    > with another system on the network. What does this
    > mean and what do I do about it?

    Hello,

    The error means that there is another machine in the network that has your
    IP Adress... From here you have 3 choices, 1st change your ip adress, 2nd
    change the other system ip adress, 3rd get in contact to your network
    administrator if that´s the case.

    "Oxy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I get this message now: There is an IP address conflict
    > with another system on the network. What does this
    > mean and what do I do about it?

Configuration System Error Microsoft Windows XP