No sound from p6t m/b in windows 7 64bit

dfwi7920user

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2010
I have an issue i can not resolve. I just built a new computer, specs- i7920 intel, asus p6t(not v2 just p6t) motherboard, 6gb corsair mem, nvidia 9500gt 512mb graphics card. The m/b audio device is a realtek alc1200. The issue i am running into is that i get no sound coming or very faint sound, from the motherboard when i hook up my speakers on the green jack on the motherboard. I have to turn up the sound all the way on a pretty powerful home theater reciever to hear a very slight, faint sound. I recently installed windows 7 (64bit) as my os. I downloaded the latest drivers from the asus website (realtek drivers), they are installed with no problem, they show up in the device manager and are enabled. I also know the speakers are good as i tested them. I am pretty much stuck. I also made sure everything is enabled in bios. help, what should i try next?

also,
the sound is amplified, the driver is installed, and its not muted through any channel/program/sys setting that would mute it. i still can not figure out why i dont have sound.

Upendra09

Distinguished
make sure the jack isn't tipping over away from the mobo

you have to open the case for this

open the case and see if the jack is fully touching the mobo

if it is acting like a door where one side is a hinge and it tips away from the mobo you may have to get a new mobo

and RMA this one

dfwi7920user

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2010
Thanks for the reply, from every angle i can tell it looks attached fully to the motherboard. I am starting to fear the worst. It would not work in windows xp 32bit or windows 7. I think it might be a motherboard issue. Should I try a sound card i have. Its audiology 2 zs?