XFX or Club3d ?

dacca

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2009
club 3d has better stock cooling dude, but, xfx has the better warranty, i would recommend xfx personally, i have just bought a 4890 and the stock cooling on that keeps it around 60 degrees under full load, not to mention that xfx offer full warranty to the person you sell the card onto, meaning that they retain more value, also have you considered a 4890? not alot of price difference and a big performance boost, i just bought mine and have it overclocked to 900mhz core and 1150mhz memory, it really is a great card

cliffro

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2007
Personally, I would get the XFX one as well. Asus quality has gone downhill as of late. And I've never dealt with Club3D. But all ATI card makers only have a 1-2 year warranty, except XFX and VisionTek.

My preference would be whichever has the quickest and easiest RMA process, which happens to be EVGA, but thats an Nvidia Company.

BuGeris

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2009
I would buy XFX too, but i could get one maybe only at winter cuz they are soldout btw ASUS give 3 years quarantee and XFX 2 years so maybe it is good cards. As i remember ASUS always had good quaetly. But witch cards have better cooling, Asus Dark Knight or this one http://www.sweclockers.com/imagebank/200808/Asus_4870_1stor001.jpg ?
Maybe someone could tell me tempretures of thees 2 cards idle and loaded ?
Sorry for my English