PNY SD 2GB formatted pictures

sarah_df

Distinguished
May 10, 2011
Hi

I accidentally formatted our PNY SD 2GB flash memory card on my Casio Exilim digital EX_Z8 camera a few weeks back, and we have lost all our holiday photos, Christmas photos and a whole range of other images. We are totally devastated that the simple touch of a button mistakenly can cause so much upset. We have tried an array of programmes, including 'Card-Recovery', Asoftech, Image Recall and Stellar. We have also had the SD card looked at by a so called 'expert' at the local photography centre but to no avail. Is there anything else we can do as we are so so desperate to get these back? After formatting the card we did NOT take any more shots as instructed so there should still be a chance to retrieve these, as it states on many sites and forums once formatted the images are still there somewhere???

Wondering if there's much more i can do or just try everything?!

If you formatted the card in the camera you will have a harder time getting the images back.

Try running recuva on the computer. And don't just keep the images on the card, transfer them over to the computer after taking them.