ASUS P7H55-M Pro Motherboard

dakmlb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2010
I am in the process of putting together a new system for FSX and am considering the ASUS P7H55-M Pro Motherboard with an i3 530 processor. I am wondering if anyone has any experience or opinon on this board. I recognize their are better boards, but the board/processor combo price is right on the target

Thanks for your input...David Kuzava

phrostbyte

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
I just bought one of these for a customer of mine and am having Ram problems. I purchased corsair TW3X4g13339DHX G and it appears does not work with this motherboard. Works fine on my asus P7P55D - E PRO.

I also tried my corsair dominator TW3X4G1333C9D and this is also not working on this motherboard. I have not seen the bios yet so I guess something "could" be wrong with the board itself but I think its the ram is not compatible. I'm getting 1 long beep and 3 short beeps..... :cry: :fou: :cry:

dakmlb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2010
I did end up getting the board and processor. I did not experience any RAM issues and the have been using it now for about 2 months. All so far is working very well. I have not tried to overclock. Everything seems to suggest it's a piece of cake, but I'm not exactly sure what I'm doing so I haven't bothered. Plus, the FSX runs very well (at least for me) and that's using dual monitors. I'm seeing frame rates consistently above 30fps with 2 monitors and consistently above 45 with a single monitor.
I do have 4gb of Ram installed. I just can't remember exactly the kind. I do know it is 1666.