Erratic touchpad

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
Share
May 4, 2004 5:53:21 AM

I've tried different drivers but after an hour or so the synaptics touchpad
gets erratic. Seaching the web i find this to be somewhat common. Can
anything be done about it or does someone know of a driver that fixes this
issue?

Thanks Bob

More about : erratic touchpad

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
May 4, 2004 7:48:48 AM

what laptop? give some specs!

"Bob" <bobdawn1@verizon.net> wrote in message
> I've tried different drivers but after an hour or so the synaptics
touchpad
> gets erratic. Seaching the web i find this to be somewhat common. Can
> anything be done about it or does someone know of a driver that fixes this
> issue?
>
> Thanks Bob

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
May 4, 2004 11:56:51 AM

Bob wrote:

> I've tried different drivers but after an hour or so the synaptics touchpad
> gets erratic. Seaching the web i find this to be somewhat common. Can
> anything be done about it or does someone know of a driver that fixes this
> issue?
>
> Thanks Bob

Do you also have a mouse connected to your laptop? Do you tend to sweat
when you type? Some touchpads are finicky with humidity and sweat. It
may be a driver problem still, check with the manufacturer of your
machine for a specific driver.

--
John Doue
a b D Laptop

Might sound like a daft question but do you get sweaty hands?
i have noticed that touchpads tend to go a bit funny when your hands get
sweaty
even if the pad doesnt seem wet
"Bob" <bobdawn1@verizon.net> wrote in message
> I've tried different drivers but after an hour or so the synaptics
touchpad
> gets erratic. Seaching the web i find this to be somewhat common. Can
> anything be done about it or does someone know of a driver that fixes this
> issue?
>
> Thanks Bob

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
May 25, 2004 10:51:08 AM

I know exactly what you're talking about. I have a compaq Evo N800c and the
touch pad is so over-sensitive, that I had to permanently turn it off to
prevent the very annoying "cursur-flinging" that would occur. It seems to
have a mind of its own and will often move the cursor completely on it's
own. I just pack my MS optical mouse with me and use that. It's a good mouse
that doesn't need a hard surface. I often using it on my jeans, etc.

Jason

!