CPU Cooler: Arctic Cooling Freezer Pro Rev.2
RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz
Motherboard: Asus M4A78LT-M
GPU: Asus EAH5670 1GB GDDR5
HDD/s: 500GB and 120GB
PSU: CIT 600UB 600 watt
Case: ocUK Achillies
I also have an exhaust fan.

ok here is the question, I want to get maximum performance out of this PC, I do editing and gaming on this i have just upgraded my ram and CPU cooler to the above. I am now planning on getting another 500GB HDD for RAID 0. would this make my boot up time and application start up time faster and what other benefits will I get, also what should I overclock my cpu to. I am currently on 3.39GHz and if I go any further my PC blue screens. also what voltages. I do not want to damage my PC I just want better performance, my idle temps atm are 32 - 33c, also AMD over drive is telling me that my memory speeds are 800, is that 1600MHz in dual mode or something? if there is anything else that you would recommend please let me know.

oh I forgot to ask, why does Can you run it say I have 753mb Video ram but CCC and WEI say I have 4GB? here are some link to the problem.
http://i.imgur.com/6x3IC.jpg - 4GB? what?
http://i.imgur.com/poZ77.jpg - 753mb? it's a 1GB 5670?

beenthere

Distinguished
RAID can help boot times a little but not much. If your CPU is OC'ed and going higher causes BSOD you may be at the limit for your CPU. Check your CPU temp under full load. It needs to be below 60C or better yet 55C. The RAM frequency is 1/2 the system frequency because DDR RAM is Double Data Rate RAM meaning it writes twice per cycle thus 800 x 2 = 1600 Mhz. actual system speed.

lowjack989

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2009
4GB is representing how much the system RAM is being shared with the GPU.....as far as that Game is concerned looks like its a bug in the games benching tool. Raid 0 will allow for quicker access times to programs..So yes RAID 0 will increase Boot-up and program performance, yet it doesn't provide redundancy so if you lose data on one drive it affects the other drive resulting in a crash...IMO RAID 5+1 is the way to go for storage if money affords of course...If you really want faster boot-ups and program access just invest in a SATA III card and get an 120 GB SSD and use the 500GB for storage and ifyou get an extra 500GB HDD you could set-up a RAID 1 array,then you could use the SSD for booting and programs and maintain redundancy...For OCing further just pull the RAM speed down to 1333 MHz then push the FSB up to 240 MHz, you may have to push the voltage up some that chip has a maximum voltage of 1.55v I suggest for beginners to stay around 1.45v until you feel "safe" about pushing it further.