Many hardware problems. Need help

Artorius

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2010
Hello. My computer (is kind of old by today's standards - AMD Athlon) experiences some bad hardware problems.
Firstly, there are many times when the bios just doesn't beep and therefore no image on screen appears and no loading occurs. And i keep restarting it and nothing happens but other times, voila, it beeps and we have booting.
Secondly, my second hard-disk doesn't show sometimes, neither from windows or bios setup.
Thirdly, i have some lock-ups: sometimes Windows loading screen freezes or from normal speed it goes extremely slow. Other times when I get into Windows the mouse cursor moves very very slow, I get a 100% CPU usage on a process called "System" and eventually the cursor freezes and can't be moved.

What should I do?

Artorius

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2010
I don't know what it is but it takes almost an hour for me to start the computer. It happened before, some days ago, but after a few resets the bios beeped. Now it takes much longer. On the front side of the PC there is the hdd red led and the power green led. Now, the green led is not on as it was supposed to be. When i turn on the PC it flashes very quickly before staying off. Otherwise, the PC works ok.

Looks like there's no power to the green led and to other parts of the motherboard. What the heck should I do?