Your question

I cant save files because disk defragmentation

Tags:
  • Hard Drives
  • Internet
  • Storage
Last response: in Storage
May 11, 2011 2:20:12 AM

i run disk defragmentation,after that if i tried to save any file from the internet this message appears"the operation can't be done the disk is highly defragmented"
i don't know what to do please help.

More about : save files disk defragmentation

a b G Storage
May 11, 2011 5:00:37 AM

That message makes no sense.

A disk can only be highly fragmented not defragmented. Are you sure that this is the message that is being displayed? If it is the exact message I don't think it's from the operating system. Could be a piece of malware or virus installed on your machine.

Are you sure there is enough disk space?
m
l
May 11, 2011 2:32:49 PM

samasemo said:
i run disk defragmentation,after that if i tried to save any file from the internet this message appears"the operation can't be done the disk is highly defragmented"
i don't know what to do please help.

Thats a really strange message. With all the malware around, dont risk downloading any unknown program that claims to defrag the drive. If you want to use an alternative program, I recommend you use only one of the popular defrag programs that have been around for a long time and are known to be good and you can just set them to defragment automatically.
m
l
Related resources
May 11, 2011 2:37:28 PM

Apologies for the multiple posts, the site didnt respond when I posted.
m
l
May 11, 2011 3:20:53 PM

Apologies for the multiple posts, the site didnt respond when I posted.
m
l
May 13, 2011 1:50:07 AM

Rusting In Peace said:
That message makes no sense.

A disk can only be highly fragmented not defragmented. Are you sure that this is the message that is being displayed? If it is the exact message I don't think it's from the operating system. Could be a piece of malware or virus installed on your machine.

Are you sure there is enough disk space?

Thank you for your interest and i'm sorry the message was"the disk is too fragmented"
i run defragmentation and it was solved
thank you again.
m
l
May 13, 2011 1:51:35 AM

kamall said:
Thats a really strange message. With all the malware around, dont risk downloading any unknown program that claims to defrag the drive. If you want to use an alternative program, I recommend you use only one of the popular defrag programs that have been around for a long time and are known to be good and you can just set them to defragment automatically.

than you kamall
m
l
!