Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Can't logon now.

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
January 10, 2012 12:19:38 PM

Hi guys I hope this is in the right section, if not then please move.
Basically I installed some Update KB885835 or whatever and now can't logon as admin. At first I thought there was a problem with the password (forgot it) so I went through some heavy procedures to crack it. Once I did, I tried only to return with something like "Can't logon on: Incorrect length blah blah". So I've been doing research and it tells me to use Last Known Good Configuration. However, it still prompts me for a password. What do I do? Would something Hirens BootCD help or similar?

Many thanks.

More about : logon

a b 8 Security
January 10, 2012 8:19:11 PM

Quote:
Hi guys I hope this is in the right section, if not then please move.
Basically I installed some Update KB885835 or whatever and now can't logon as admin. At first I thought there was a problem with the password (forgot it) so I went through some heavy procedures to crack it. Once I did, I tried only to return with something like "Can't logon on: Incorrect length blah blah". So I've been doing research and it tells me to use Last Known Good Configuration. However, it still prompts me for a password. What do I do? Would something Hirens BootCD help or similar?

Many thanks.

Run a Windows System Restore to a date prior to applying the Update.
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
January 10, 2012 9:27:20 PM

Thanks for the reply. I should of added this as well:

The computer I bought was second hand, so I don't have no Windows CD. Unless there is a way to run that without needing a CD?
Related resources
January 10, 2012 9:39:42 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the reply. I should of added this as well:

The computer I bought was second hand, so I don't have no Windows CD. Unless there is a way to run that without needing a CD?




sytem restore under programs\accessories\system tools\system restore
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
January 10, 2012 9:44:11 PM

But I cant get onto my computer?
January 10, 2012 9:52:43 PM

Quote:
But I cant get onto my computer?




ive used a delete password program which worked, i dont remember the name of it off hand but its free on the internet, its somewhere in the area of Ophcrack.com etc.
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
January 10, 2012 9:56:15 PM

phredrik said:
ive used a delete password program which worked, i dont remember the name of it off hand but its free on the internet, its somewhere in the area of Ophcrack.com etc.


Refer to first post. Tried it. I set password to blank and still comes up with error message.
!