Aug 3, 2009
Hi,

I just put together a new system.

Raidmax tower and raidmax psu 500w
ecs x58b-a motherboard + intel i7 920
corsair 3 x 2gb ddr3 1600
western digital 750gb green hdd
samsung dvd-rw
zotac 9600gt 1gb video card (I have the dvi-to-vga adapter connected to a lcd monitor)

When I turn the system on,
1. all the fans start
2. I see the power/reset led lights on the montherboard
3. I dont see any POST debug led lights on the motherboard
4. I hear the hdd detect and the dvd-rw kick off

but no video output. What could cause the problem, would it be not enough power or something else.

Thanks
V

vinod_home

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
the PSU came with the case. When I got it I thought it was a good deal, but now I think I should have planned for a 700w minimum psu.

I just dont know how I can tell the difference between not enough power and other issues. I would think if there is not enough power none of the fans would run either.

4lc4pon3

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2009
i personaly cant help you with system issues and im sure others can but in my honest opinion i wouldnt use a PSU that came with a case or even a raidmax psu period. if u can get your hands on another psu i would give it a shot.

CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power ... - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139006

ANTEC EA650 EarthWatts
http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=10010587&prodlist=celebros

vinod_home

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
Thank you for pointing to the link about boot problems. I did read the post, but still couldn't find anything that is similar to my problem.

I did remove all devices, except video card, one ram. My system doesnt shutoff, the fans keep running and I hear no beeps. nothing on the POST leds. When I initially start, I do see a flicker on the POST light.

Thanks again,

I'll post the same thing I just posted for another user. You have to do more than "read" the checklist. You have to actually perform every step in the checklist in order to narrow down the possible problems. Have you performed the breadboarding step in the checklist? That Raidmax PSU certainly isn't going to do you any favors. The foundation to a quality computer is the PSU and Raidmax PSU's are certainly not quality units.