HDD Unallocated error

TDP666

Distinguished
May 11, 2011
Okay guys this is wat i went through
i m on win 7 32 bit,2 hdd(320gb with system on it+1 TB)
my pc stopped booting up....giving some startup error ...i tried repair mode in win7 disk.....after it finished it says windows couldn't repair etc... now i shut down my pc and restarted this time it boots up and after windows logo it shows my c drive starts getting checked aster it finished only arrow and black screen appeared no further response than i restarted comp and booted with win xp live cd and saw that my system hdd (320 gb one) is not getting displayed :(.....i shutdown the pc remove the 320 gb hdd connected it to my another pc via external hdd connector...it got installed.....and boom :eek: nothing was there when i checked it under disk management it showed unallocated 320gb drive and asked to initialize it i didnt do anything.....
Now can please some body help me what to do as there iare some important data that i don't want to loose
Thanx

TDP666

Distinguished
May 11, 2011
thanx hawkeye for reply....i will try recovery later on
i have heard about TESTDISK Utility......is it any good as i havent deleted/formatted my data so all things are in it (i hope so) just some file system or partition files are corrupted....

Not sure, I never ran across that one. According to the FAQ,

A wrong capacity for my hard disk is reported

If your HD is reported as 137GB only, you need to enable LBA-48 access mode.
If the size is incorrectly reported as 2TB, connect the hard disk directly in SATA or PATA instead of USB. If the problem persists, the PCB may have suffer from an electronic choc.

If you are unsure of any of the steps, try EASUS instead.

TDP666

Distinguished
May 11, 2011
thanx for so much help till now hawkeye22......

EASUS doesn't detect my faulty HDD :( so it is of no use (i guess the first partition is corrupted thats why)

i guess only testdrive will do the work .....
http://img808.imageshack.us/img808/1461/error2y.png
i got this error when i pressed analyze ...... any idea how to solve it coz rest drives i m able to see and able to access the files...only c drive is not getting detected even on deeper search

TDP666

Distinguished
May 11, 2011
they replied with following answer
"After Quick Search, choose Write, confirm, Quit
It should solve the problem"

And Guess what IT SOLVED MY PROBLEM
Thanx hawkeye for ur support i guess many other guys must have encountered such problem i will HIGHLY RECOMMEND TESTDRIVE......as i said in earlier posts this was the only software among few which i tested (including paid one) which was able to detect my hard drive
Thanx a lot