Solved

AMD 7750 BE running super HOT

I have a AMD 7750 BE with an aftermarket heatsink and fan that idles at 38-44 C depending on ambient temps. it has reached a temp of 68 c at stock speed 2.7ghz. My question is Why is it running hot? also CPU-Z reads only one core, one thread any thoughts on this would be helpful. Besides upgrading to AM3 720 ASAP
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 7750 running super
  1. It could be the thermal paste which is placed between the heat sink and the processor, if this paste is old/not exist/has been removed, it can cause the CPU's temperature to rise up dramatically.

It can also be caused by a dusty fan.
  2. Your temps are not very good but still OKay.
    If you want it to reduce then do something about the airflow inside the case.

"If CPU Z is reading one core"

Open Msconfig>>Boot>>Advanced options>>Select No of processors-Select 2.
  3. shubham1401 said:
    Your temps are not very good but still OKay.
    If you want it to reduce then do something about the airflow inside the case.

"If CPU Z is reading one core"

Open Msconfig>>Boot>>Advanced options>>Select No of processors-Select 2.

Where do I find the Msconfig to open it?

Speedfan use to register both cores but it also only reads one now?
  4. Best answer
    Start -> Run -> Msconfig
  5. l_r_c_t said:
    It could be the thermal paste which is placed between the heat sink and the processor, if this paste is old/not exist/has been removed, it can cause the CPU's temperature to rise up dramatically.

It can also be caused by a dusty fan.

HSF is brand new I believe that the thermal paste has to be the culprit to the heat tough as I did remove it once to reposition it without cleaning it and replacing the paste. Oh well thats what I get for being cheap.
  6. l_r_c_t said:
    Start -> Run -> Msconfig

Thanks I will have to try it later
  7. It was the cool and quiet drivers that disables the cores I did a reinstall of the cool and quiet drivers and the cores reappeared and now it runs great scored a cpu mark of 2020.4 in passmark before it was like 650. Thanks again for all the input lrct
  8. Great score, I'm glad I could help.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Heatsinks Fan AMD