Sign in with
Your question

How to open outlook dmp

Last response: in Windows XP
January 10, 2012 9:01:26 PM

Hello. I am Mike L.

Outlook 2007 randomly freezes up on my dell 4300 laptop.
The only way to close it is with the task manager; right-click on the application and select End program.
There was also an option to create a dump file. I selected that and it created one about 384 megs in size.
It is called Outlook.dmp

How do I open it to see if there is something there to explain these random freezes.

The freezes don't relate to any particular email, attachments, addressee or sender. No particular time of day either. We are connected to Exchange server. This has been happening for going on 6 months and I can find no rhyme or reason to it. So I am hoping to get into this dump file and find something useful.

Thank you

More about : open outlook dmp

January 11, 2012 12:43:35 AM

mbess said:
Hello. I am Mike L.

Outlook 2007 randomly freezes up on my dell 4300 laptop.
The only way to close it is with the task manager; right-click on the application and select End program.
There was also an option to create a dump file. I selected that and it created one about 384 megs in size.
It is called Outlook.dmp

How do I open it to see if there is something there to explain these random freezes.

The freezes don't relate to any particular email, attachments, addressee or sender. No particular time of day either. We are connected to Exchange server. This has been happening for going on 6 months and I can find no rhyme or reason to it. So I am hoping to get into this dump file and find something useful.

Thank you

Doubtful you will understand the dump file if you did open it. Bunch of registry settings,address strings etc. But you could try this:
http://www.listikal.com/how-to-open-windows-dump-dmp-fi...

Also, the highly cryptic event viewer might shed some light.
m
l
!