Sign in with
Your question

Youtube flash 11 explorer 8

Last response: in Windows XP
January 10, 2012 9:32:36 PM

Youtube and MSNBC both tell me it cannot play video because my Adobe Flash needs to be updated to version 10. I update it (version 11) and still the same. Works ok in AOL software but not in IE8. I am using XP w/ service pack 3. Tried reboot, cleared cache, uninstalled and reinstalled both adobe flash & IE8. Now I am at a loss as to what to try next.
Jim Z.

More about : youtube flash explorer

January 11, 2012 12:12:14 AM

Which Adobe Flash Player uninstaller did you use? maybe you're not using the right one. My sugestion is; use the flash player 11 uninstaller, reboot the computer, clean the registry with CCleaner, reboot again, and reinstall Flash Player 11. If this doesn't work, repeat the process this time including IE8, uninstalling it with the IE8 uninstaller... and this time manually delete the IE8 registry keys previously backing up the Internet Explorer keys under HKEY and HKCU registry hives.

Start\Run\type regedit and Enter\ browse to:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer
To backup IE keys, right click on the keys named Internet Explorer\select Export and name your backup.

Adobe Flash Player Uninstaller 11.1.102.55 for Windows (in case you're not using this version)
http://macromedia-flash-player-uninstaller.softpedia.co...

Uninstaller for Internet Explorer 8 from Microsoft
http://www.jkwebtalks.com/2009/03/uninstaller-for-inter...
January 11, 2012 12:34:47 AM

Thanks for the suggestions. I figured out the problem and boy do I feel stupid.

In Internet Explorer I right click and make sure the "Command Toolbar" is checked. Then at the top of the window, on the "Command Toolbar" I pick "Tools" then "Manage Addons" then I select "Toolbars and Extensions" and look under "Adobe Systems, Inc." and make sure that "Adobe Flash Object" is enabled. Something must have turned it off at some point.

Thank you again for your suggestions. It is a very logical process and would have worked too because reinstalling IE8 would have enabled Adoobe Flash Object also.

Jim Z.
January 11, 2012 1:30:45 AM

Right.. that possibiliity skipped my mind... so i'm glad you solved it and shared the information.
!