Sims 2: Sims relaxes all day!

Does anyone else have the problem of the sim (in my case, always male),
who just stands by the bed, makes it up, relaxes, and gets up...over
and over?

First it was Daniel Pleasant, now it's a Sim I made, with a wife and
four kids. He shouldn't have time to relax. : ]

Is it a bug? Is there a fix?

Thanks (again) in advance!
8 answers Last reply
More about sims sims relaxes

    Ayoka wrote:
    > Does anyone else have the problem of the sim (in my case, always male),
    > who just stands by the bed, makes it up, relaxes, and gets up...over
    > and over?
    >
    > First it was Daniel Pleasant, now it's a Sim I made, with a wife and
    > four kids. He shouldn't have time to relax. : ]
    >
    > Is it a bug? Is there a fix?
    >
    > Thanks (again) in advance!

    Not really sure why that's a ***bug.*** Wish I could get away with
    doing that all day!!

    Seriously, reminds me of the bug with the maid putting the espresso cup
    into the dishwasher repeatedly.

    --
    --Cuth

    Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:

    > Ayoka wrote:
    >> Does anyone else have the problem of the sim (in my case, always
    >> male), who just stands by the bed, makes it up, relaxes, and gets
    >> up...over and over?
    > Not really sure why that's a ***bug.*** Wish I could get away with
    > doing that all day!!

    It's a bug alright. I have it sometimes (well, my sims have). Just
    order them to do something and they'll snap out of it.

    T.

    On 4 Jul 2005 13:21:09 -0700, "Ayoka" <keetsrneat@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >First it was Daniel Pleasant, now it's a Sim I made, with a wife and
    >four kids. He shouldn't have time to relax. : ]
    >
    >Is it a bug? Is there a fix?
    >
    >Thanks (again) in advance!

    Is he lazy(personality)? Does he have low energy a lot? Buy him a
    better bed, don't let him sleep in chairs and couches.

    Guardian Pegasus wrote:

    > Is he lazy(personality)? Does he have low energy a lot? Buy him a
    > better bed, don't let him sleep in chairs and couches.

    He's a Romantic Sim with an average activity level, he has one of the
    more expensive beds (I've actually changed beds thinking that it was
    the problem), he's not sleepy or in any kind of bad mood. He just
    likes to lay on the bed.

    I've changed beds, I've canceled the "relax" option hoping he would
    decide to go talk to someone or something but after I go to see what
    another sim is doing and come back to him, he's relaxing again!

    It is a bit like like that maid/coffe cup thing but I can make him stop
    by making him do something else. I just don't like having to follow
    him all of the time.

    Taemon wrote:
    > Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:
    >

    >>Ayoka wrote:
    >>
    >>>Does anyone else have the problem of the sim (in my case, always
    >>>male), who just stands by the bed, makes it up, relaxes, and gets
    >>>up...over and over?
    >>
    >>Not really sure why that's a ***bug.*** Wish I could get away with
    >>doing that all day!!
    >

    > It's a bug alright. I have it sometimes (well, my sims have). Just
    > order them to do something and they'll snap out of it.

    Or take away the beds and make them sleep on sofas.

    --
    --Cuth

    "Ayoka" <keetsrneat@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > Guardian Pegasus wrote:
    >>
    >> Is he lazy(personality)? Does he have low energy a lot? Buy him a
    >> better bed, don't let him sleep in chairs and couches.
    >
    > He's a Romantic Sim with an average activity level, he has one of the
    > more expensive beds (I've actually changed beds thinking that it was
    > the problem), he's not sleepy or in any kind of bad mood. He just
    > likes to lay on the bed.
    >
    > I've changed beds, I've canceled the "relax" option hoping he would
    > decide to go talk to someone or something but after I go to see what
    > another sim is doing and come back to him, he's relaxing again!
    >
    > It is a bit like like that maid/coffe cup thing but I can make him stop
    > by making him do something else. I just don't like having to follow
    > him all of the time.

    Is the door to the bedroom on a diagonal wall?
    If so the sim will not leave the room on their own.
    They will leave if you direct them to.

    Davybear wrote:

    > Is the door to the bedroom on a diagonal wall?
    > If so the sim will not leave the room on their own.
    > They will leave if you direct them to.

    Wow! That's the problem...the doors on both bedrooms certainly are on
    diagonal walls! Thanks so much! I'm going to go change them now.

    This board is awesome!

    Davybear wrote:

    > Is the door to the bedroom on a diagonal wall?
    > If so the sim will not leave the room on their own.
    > They will leave if you direct them to.

    Woa! Good Tip, Davybear.

    T.

Sims Games Video Games