How can I make sure that my anti-virus is the first program to load after
windows?

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 22:23:00 GMT, John Doe wrote:

> How can I make sure that my anti-virus is the first program to load after
> windows?

Sorry, other than loading no other program but your antivirus protection,
this is not possible in XP. If your goal is better protection (loading the
a/v before a rogue app is loaded), the method will fail where a virus or
other malware is loading as a service. Typically, services are loaded
before applications.

If the antivirus program's definitions are kept current and the startup
axis is checked on a regular basis, most intrusions can be controlled
effectively.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User