Sign in with
Your question

Problem overclocking Intel Pentium D 945 3.4GHz

Last response: in Overclocking
September 20, 2011 12:52:14 PM

Hey everyone,
Like the title says I have a problem while overclocking my Intel pentium D 945 3.4Ghz.

What happens is when i get the CPU frequency above 220 and I restart my pc it has a problem restarting. The lights first go out, then they start up for a second and then they go out again, it's like a false start, and sometimes it happens two or three times on a row before showing bios log screen.

Right now I have it overclocked 10% but i can't go above that without the "false start" thing. I have a 600w PSU so i don't think it's a lack of voltage problem. Can you guys help me fix this problem ?

My systems specs are:
Intel Pentium D 945 3.4GHz
Asus P5b-Deluxe
Kingston 3gb DDR2 SDRAM 667 Mhz
Nvidia Geforce 8800GT 512MB
Nox Apex 600w

I'm gonna leave some fotos on how my bios looks like now:

If you need anything else just ask and thanks in advance.
December 9, 2011 6:50:32 PM

odranoel_sotnas said:
Hey everyone,
Like the title says I have a problem while overclocking my Intel pentium D 945 3.4Ghz.

What happens is when i get the CPU frequency above 220 and I restart my pc it has a problem restarting. The lights first go out, then they start up for a second and then they go out again, it's like a false start, and sometimes it happens two or three times on a row before showing bios log screen.

Right now I have it overclocked 10% but i can't go above that without the "false start" thing. I have a 600w PSU so i don't think it's a lack of voltage problem. Can you guys help me fix this problem ?

My systems specs are:
Intel Pentium D 945 3.4GHz
Asus P5b-Deluxe
Kingston 3gb DDR2 SDRAM 667 Mhz
Nvidia Geforce 8800GT 512MB
Nox Apex 600w

I'm gonna leave some fotos on how my bios looks like now:
]http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/4420/northbridge.th.jpg
]http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/3614/jumperfree.th.jpg
]http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/1714/cpusettings.th.jpg

If you need anything else just ask and thanks in advance.

FSB:RAM Ratio???
I think it may be memory problem...
a b å Intel
a c 197 K Overclocking
December 10, 2011 6:59:14 AM

Well, DDR2-587 is well inside the capabilities of DDR2-587 RAM but lowering the RAM frequency (well, technically the clock) to 400 MHz cannot hurt.

The other thing to keep in mind is that the Pentium D's do not have the OC headroom of the later Intel CPU's. A 10 - 20% overclock is actually pretty good.
a b K Overclocking
December 26, 2011 9:30:22 AM

garbage i had the pentium d 805 i think it was the stock speed on that was 2.66ghz on my first board before it failed based on nforce chip i was getting 3.9ghz with a little volts maybe .2 extra when that failed i got the p5b the cheaper version of what u have and was still getting 3.75ghz i alway needed extra volts on the northbridge to oc it im not familiar with that brand of psu but if its cheap i would blame that i fried a cheap brand new with the system 500watt psu on the first time i overclocked it btw why are you running 3 gig of ram they are dual channel i hope u have 2x 1gigs and 2x512mbs not 3x 1gigs and with the p45 chipset i think it slows its rates when all four dimms are populated from memory
!