BSOD reboot loop and other problems Help!

Danofski

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2012
Hey there. I hope I posted this in the right forum and apologies for the somewhat long post!

Two days ago I upgraded my measly 2gb of ddr ram to 4gb of ddr2 (reviving a somewhat dated system) and all was working great - I test my system for about 30 minutes opening applications/playing WoW and whilst I was configuring my graphics I turned the anthroscopic filtering up to x8 from x2 to see how it could handle. Suddenly textures in the game turn into a mashed psychedelic muddle - and after a few seconds of staring in amazement I turn the settings down again. Suddenly Windows crashes with a bsod and restarts.

When windows reboots I'm unable to open WoW (allthough I did get it to load once before a BSOD after logging in) or any other games-related applications. Google chrome seemed to randomly crash at certain points and sometimes avg/windows firewall would randomly crash. I actually got an hour of normal web browsing out of it at one point. I couldn't do a full restart half the time without getting a BSOD at either logging on or shutting down windows aswell with these error messages :

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
BAD_POOL_CALLER

I tried chkdsk followed by chkdsk /f which found errors and attempted to repair them (And finished its job) but when restarting after finishing windows BSOD'd after logging on so i'm not 100% sure if it finished.

Now here's the real problem..

After a few hours (and beers) trying to troubleshoot the problem I thought it to be a logical idea to start with the new ram. So I replaced the new sticks with the old ones and rebooted - Now the PC boots to the "We are sorry for the inconvenience..." menu - every option wont work. Using start normally and last good configuration will load to the xp splash screen before giving a bsod quickly and restarting.
I've tried refitting the ram in different slots, new ram, old ram, one stick - nothing will work. Running memtest for an hour so far, no problems.

System specs :
Asus m2n e-sli
AMD athlon 64 x2 5200
Nvidia gtx 550 ti
2gb ddr / 4gb ddr2 corsair xms2 (the new ram)

Again, sorry for the long post but that's pretty much a detailed account of everything that's happened. I'd really love to get this fixed as I only got this PC back up to working order last month and I'm having to post from a dodgy laptop booting linux off CD.
Thanks very much!