Bluetooth Devices Control Panel applet missing

Hi,

I am trying to configure a 3Com Bluetooth USB Adaptor to
work with WinXP Pro SP2.

However, I have just noticed the Bluetooth Devices applet
in Control Panel is missing.

I have located the bthprops.cpl file in the
windows\system32 folder, but I can't even lauch it
manually.

Does anyone know why 1) it isn't showing in Control Panel
and 2) why I can't launch it from the .cpl file either.

Thanks.
2 answers Last reply
More about bluetooth devices control panel applet missing

    "Ken" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >I am trying to configure a 3Com Bluetooth USB Adaptor to
    >work with WinXP Pro SP2.

    SP2 is no official software. You may want to ask in one of the
    newsgroups for the beta testers.

    --
    (tm)

    Ken - typed:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am trying to configure a 3Com Bluetooth USB Adaptor to
    > work with WinXP Pro SP2.
    >
    > However, I have just noticed the Bluetooth Devices applet
    > in Control Panel is missing.
    >
    > I have located the bthprops.cpl file in the
    > windows\system32 folder, but I can't even lauch it
    > manually.
    >
    > Does anyone know why 1) it isn't showing in Control Panel
    > and 2) why I can't launch it from the .cpl file either.
    >
    > Thanks.

    Hardly any BT dongles are recognised by SP2 RC. I tried RC1 on an image
    of XP SP1 & BT didn't appear in Control Panel & I didn't persevere &
    returned my main copy back to the partition afterwards. However, a bit
    of research came up with this:
    http://www.jonsguides.com/bt/en/
    Unfortunately much of the information regarding SP2 appears to be
    missing when I looked today (it required finding the BT VID & PID
    strings for your BT adaptor & adding them to a BT ini file etc)

    A couple of things to bear in my is that SP2 will retain any existing
    3rd party BT stack without installing its own (IIRC) & such a stack
    would probably need to be uninstalled prior to SP2 if you want to try
    the native version (saying that, I'd be surprised if native support
    can't be forced after SP2 has been installed). SP2 is still in beta,
    despite being called a release /candidate/. Although it's been stated
    that SP2 will install over an RC - I'd not personally install SPs over
    beta versions but would clean install with or without using the Files &
    Settings transfer Wizard.

    Try browsing in microsoft.public.windowsxp.beta.general or search out if
    you can still get on MS's privatenews server - I can't remember where I
    got the username & password from to access it.

Configuration Control Panel Bluetooth Windows XP