Windows 7 - using both 32-bit and 64-bit disks

Status
Not open for further replies.

greeny216

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2011
Hello,

I purchased a upgrade version of Windows 7 with both 32 bit and 64 bit disks. I have two computers; one 64 bit and one 32 bit - can I use both disks?

Solution
No.

Unless you have a multiple OS license (unlikely) you can only use your 1 key for 1 computer. The 32 or 64bit versions are not locked down to a specific key. So you can use your Win 7 upgrade key with both 32 or 64 bit versions. Just not on more than 1 computer.

So if you use your Windows 7 upgrade key on 1 computer, you will not be able to use it on the other computer. Also - you can use either 32 or 64bit version, although I reccomend the 64bit version as it supports more than 4GB of ram.
No.

Unless you have a multiple OS license (unlikely) you can only use your 1 key for 1 computer. The 32 or 64bit versions are not locked down to a specific key. So you can use your Win 7 upgrade key with both 32 or 64 bit versions. Just not on more than 1 computer.

So if you use your Windows 7 upgrade key on 1 computer, you will not be able to use it on the other computer. Also - you can use either 32 or 64bit version, although I reccomend the 64bit version as it supports more than 4GB of ram.

Solution

Not much more to say...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts