4850 XFX or Gigabyte

TimeWarrior

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2009
Hi Guys,

I've only owned ASUS and Gigabyte cards and am choosing between a Gigabyte 4850 with the reference cooler (GV-R485-512H-B) and an XFX 4850 with their standard single slot cooler. I have heard good things about XFX, and was wondering if anyone knew if these cards are any different in terms of OC headroom, etc.

Cheers,

Time

Solution
They'll call clock similar depends on the card some cards tend to overclock better then others. To guarantee a highly overclocked card buy the non reference design which are overclocked. In my opinion go with xfx because of there great customer service and rma process. Oh ya when you sell them they have higher value because of there warranty extends to the next user.

invisik

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2008
They'll call clock similar depends on the card some cards tend to overclock better then others. To guarantee a highly overclocked card buy the non reference design which are overclocked. In my opinion go with xfx because of there great customer service and rma process. Oh ya when you sell them they have higher value because of there warranty extends to the next user.

Solution