Multi button gaming Mouse

xbonez

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2009
I distinctly remember having seen a mouse on amazon/newegg a few days back that had almost an entire keypad to its side, or a similar number of buttons. Does anyone know which mouse I'm talking about?

If not, can anyone link me to a gaming mouse with the max. number of buttons? I want a mouse that has a ton of buttons. I prefer having buttons on my right hand, rather than using the keyboard with my left for FPS games.

I currently use the Logitech MX 518 which has 5 usable buttons and find it grossly inadequate. I'm looking for something with 9 usable buttons or more.

fanggamepad.png

xbonez

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2009
@xiv88: i use the mx518, but feel the need for more buttons. I caneasily handle more buttons on my right hand, then extend myleft hand fungers looking for keys on the keyboard.

@mousemonkey: is that even a mouse?

The Razer Naga (which I ordered, btw) has 17 programmable buttons. Out of them 11 are easily accesiible and can be programmed for critical controls (crouch, prone, jump, grenade, flashbangs etc.). The remaining 6 aren't as easily accessible and can be programmed for less critical things.

welshmousepk

Distinguished
the razer naga was actually designed with MMOs in mind. im not sure how it would cope with fast paced FPSs and such.

ive used one though, and its alot more comfortable than it looks. i already have dozens of macro keys though, so ive no need for one. (sidewinder x6, sidewinder x8 and logitech g13= more macros than i can shake a stick at)

xbonez

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2009
@wa1: i'll still have my other hand on my keyboard. I jsut want to ahve as much as possible on my right hand, so I don't nmeed to look down at the keyboard.

@welsh: I use the Sidewinder x6 keyboard, but all the macro buttons are so far to the left that I can only reach them with the little finger of my left hand when I have it poitioned on WASD. that makes them difficult to use. If i shift the keypad to the left, those keypad buttons are even further out of reach.