Aaronsd

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2010
Greets all,

I have a Linksys Wireless B router that I've had for a few years now. I set up a secure network and named it. I just realised yesterday that the network name is no longer the selected and it says now that I am connected to Lynksys. I can see my secured network name in the wireless network connection properties under preffered networks but, it is red and unselectable. It states in the wireless network connection window that I am on an unsecured Lynksys wireless network.

What has happened to my named, secured wireless network and what can I do to get things back to normal?

Thanks in advance for your help!

vibe

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2007
simple check 1st - turn off your router, do you still see the new network?

silly question, do you trust all people with access to your router, I've seen a few instances where people sharing an access point or where kids have gotten hold of it when restricted by mum and dad - pushing and holding the reset button for 20 seconds (sometimes needs a small pin) will restore defaults.

The above is less likley then it just packing up and loosing its settings.

unless you saved them to an output file (function of some routers) they are probably lost and you will need to start again.