[Graphics Card?] Left 4 dead crash

Hello. Been browsing these forums every one in a while for a few months now, you guys have some good threads.

I have an issue I want some feedback on.

my system is:

i7 920 @ 3.67ghz, 1.2v
corsair dominator 1600 6gb
nvidia gtx 285 1gb
xfx gtx 285 1gb (recertified)
corsair 1000w psu
x-fi titanium

When i play Left 4 Dead, and basically only L4D, i occasionally (maybe once every few hours, or once every few days) have a strange crash. The game goes into a constant sound loop and the video freezes. I have to ctrl/alt/del and end l4d. when i enter the game again, it works, but SLI becomes disabled. I must disable and re-enable SLI to have SLI work again. I initially thought it was a heating issue, so i used EVGA precision tune to raise fan speed to 100%. The cards usually run around 88c max. This seems to be within operating temp.

I do not know if this is a setting issue in l4d, or a bios tweak i am missing, or just the recertified 285 acting up. Any ideas?

Any other information needed?
6 answers Last reply
More about graphics card left dead crash
  1. Hello and welcome to the forums :)
    Does it only happen in L4D? how about other games ? also plz test with single cards too,i mean take one of your cards out and test with the other one and viceversa and see if it happens with both cards or not
  2. You can easily play L4D with one of those cards so take the recertified 285 out and see if your problem goes away.
  3. Assuming you play a wide variety of games and it only happens in L4D, you might want to make sure both your game and graphics drivers are up to date. If it was heat you would probably have a hard crash. If it was a bad card it should happen in other games also. All signs point to drivers.
  4. Could be a driver issue.... what video driver's are you using?
  5. I am using the 190.38 forceware drivers on windows vista ultimate 64 bit.

Going to try the 190.62, just today noticed they are out.
  6. If the 190.62 doesn't work then try rolling back to the 180.XX and see if that resolves the issue....
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Graphics Cards Graphics