What are the best 120mm fans for the Corsair H100???

Geeksire

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2010
Hello everyone! I was just wondering what are the best 120mm fans for the H100 (I need four to be exact.) I would like to do the Push-Pull on the Corsair 500r (case), and I was wondering which fan should I buy that can push a lot of air but also stay quiet as the same time. Would anybody know of any fans?

Thanks!

Solution
The cougar fans are a little bit noisier too, but that doenst mean it will bother you necessarally. the silenx fans are totally silent, you put that thing to your ear and you do not hear a thing!

BTW, this is the one you should go with:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835191013

and newegg has this model with green LEDs 1 dollar cheaper too....funny huh.. Im putting specs from the silenx and cougar below, if anyone is interested:

Silenex: 72CFM/14db $14
Cougar: 71CFM/18db $19 (this model can speed up to 120CFM, that that will hit more than 27db)

If the cougar is kept spinning at its lowest settings, its silent too (18db is great, you should avoid going over 20db). Silenx always run at a fixed speed...

leandrodafontoura

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2006
The cougar fans are a little bit noisier too, but that doenst mean it will bother you necessarally. the silenx fans are totally silent, you put that thing to your ear and you do not hear a thing!

BTW, this is the one you should go with:

and newegg has this model with green LEDs 1 dollar cheaper too....funny huh.. Im putting specs from the silenx and cougar below, if anyone is interested:

Silenex: 72CFM/14db $14
Cougar: 71CFM/18db $19 (this model can speed up to 120CFM, that that will hit more than 27db)

If the cougar is kept spinning at its lowest settings, its silent too (18db is great, you should avoid going over 20db). Silenx always run at a fixed speed, therfore fixed levels of noise

Solution

Geeksire

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2010
Many of these are pretty awesome, but still I'm not sure of what to pick.

I mean if any of them were to go down in price they would be awesome to pick:

Cougar Vortex: (70-120 CFM-----18 db lowest to 27db highest)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835553002
(((((($22))))))

Silenx: (72 CFM-----14db) [[[Has a lot of bad reviews, not sure if to get]]] & the other is with green LED that costs $15
(((($16))))

Silenx: (90 CFM-----18db) [[[This is a nice one but wish it could be cheaper]]]
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835226013
(((($24))))

The cougar is the only one that can be able to change the RPM of the fan.

leandrodafontoura

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2006
I never had a problem with silenx, or akasa, or thermaltake. My favorite brand is silenx tough, been running them for 4 years now, on PC and HTPC

From my experience, these changable RPM is false advertizing, the fans endup spinning at maximum speed.

If you dont know what to get, get the chepest one.

Geeksire

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2010
One last question before I close this thread. What was the date they released the Cougar fan and the Silenx fan (the 90 CFM one)? Was just curious because I'm wondering if they are going to release any new fans.

And also I have made my decision on just going with the SilenX IXP-76-18 (90 CFM---18 db). I have talked to many of the technicians with me here, where I work, and they say to just go with the fan that is lower than 20 db so I went with this one since it is the highest in CFM.

I also wanted to if it will work on the Corsair H100? Its measurements are different from the others, and its measurements are 120 x 120 x 38mm. Will this still work?

mminkster

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2011

hello i just installed a h100 and i used the 120 mm cougar fans they rock they r so quiet , and 119 cfm newegg has them thats where i bought them for around 18.00 each but worth it, keep my i7 975 at 4.5 very cool 52c after 1 hr of prime 95 installed in a hsf x 942 case and set on performance, you wont be sry.

mminkster

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2011
which ever brand you choose i am sure you will be happy with the h100, i have mine installed in a haf x 942 case just make sure that all will fit with a push pull set up there is a vid on utube if you search h100 with cougar fans, that might help you decide.

oh come on man!!!!!!that was the time when i was a fresher to toms.now i am learning about all these stuff.i built a good gaming rig last month.and i think this is the
age when someone becomes an expert like all of you.i dont mind what you say but still
a little appreciation would be appreciated<!>BTW i turned 16 last month.

Geeksire

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2010
Congratz. But to the point, does the Cougar Vortex then go to 120 CFM at 18 db? That is all I want to know, and I guess your parents paid for the parts or what? : D

By-the-way I'm 21 so I do not think we should call ourselves experts just yet ;)

mminkster

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2011
the youngster could be right, i never seen my cougar fans hit max rpm, i never hooked them up to direct power they are pluged into the h100 which adjusts speeds as needed for temp.What i do know is the temp never went over 552c and they are very quiet.i didnt mean anything bad aboit you youngster i am sry it came out wrong you keep up the good research and you will be one of the best on this site one day, i just didnt know if you ever had a cougar fan or not thats all, you keep up the good work young man.

No problem.by the way thnks man for your appreciation!! :) .i dont criticise cougar fans bit i use coolermaster and noctua fans and they are really awesome.i have a
thermaltake armour + full tower(HAF X was not available).i have installed 3 coolermaster sickflow 120mm fans and 3 noctua 140mm fans.the gpu duct fan is loudest fan(aercool shark black at max that makes 30 db)but it keeps the gfx really cool.so all i am trying to say is that coolermaster and noctua are cosiderable too(IMO)
:sol:

mminkster

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2011
just to let everyone know on my last post it says 552c thats a big typo i meant 52c lol, and hellfire you take care my friend and keep up the good research, maybe we can game together one day i play alot of bbc2 and i am waiting for bf3 if you have a steam acc my name on steam is holy moly add me as friend and we can play,if you get bf3 i am on origin as walleye222

TRENDING THREADS