Can you identify this rad setup?

rishwin

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2008
A few years ago i had a friend who had this insane water cooler. It was about 4.5-5" tall and was polished metal with a black metal mesh on the front with 4 or 5 fans inside cooling a single radiator which ran the entire height of the "pillar". It wasn't a custom made one he put together himself, it was a professional one he has purchased from somewhere but for the life of me i can't seem to find another one ANYWHERE.

I did a quick sketch on Paint, does anyone have any idea what brand this is or even what it's called?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v213/rishwin/watercool1.png

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
I've never seen one that tall that would be to scale...assuming that is a mid-tower, that would be 140mm or 160mm fans, which weren't very common a few years ago. It kind of depends...there were some Monsta rads that were 5x 140's that might fit that bill...similar to this?

img_5507930j.jpg

rishwin

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2008
I apologize, the height is to scale but the radiator was actually ALOT thinner, they were more like 120mm fans if not smaller.

The sides of it was all silver brushed aluminum and it had a black metal mesh covering the front with blue LED's on the fans which was the only way you could see them through the mesh.

There was also slightly more spacing between the fans, they weren't stacked ontop of eachother like that.

G

Hard to tell from the drawing looks to be on of the new 5x140 rads that came out about 1 1/2 to 2 years ago..that is if the in the drawing you are representing a mid tower atx pc. You also show 4 fans. The name of the rad I am thinking about would be a black ice SR-1 560 radiator that really has problems fitting in alot of computer cases.