Safe Mode shortcut f/ gigabyte ga-p35-ds3l ?

riprap1951

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2009
[Win 7 Home Premium, Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L]
I've searched on these forums, and paged through the Gigabyte printed manual, but cannot find the keyboard shortcut to use to access Safe Mode while the machine is booting up. [Seems like most of the usual keystrokes like Del or F9 are taken up by Gigabyte's proprietary functions.]
Can anyone help out here?
TIA
terry

bilbat

Splendid
Do you have a USB keyboard? If so, do you have USB keyboard support enabled in the BIOS? You can get by without it inside the actual BIOS itself (i.e., the BIOS can read the kbd), but to use the RAID BIOS, or anything else that you want to do before the OS loads its USB drivers, you need to enable it...

riprap1951

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2009

Hello bilbat::
I followed your suggestion--went into BIOS Setup > Integrated Peripherals > USB Keyboard Support, and enabled it.
Tried the F8 key again. No joy.
I've got a support request in to Gigabyte's site; maybe they'll have some ideas.

Also: I brought up the .pdf file for that board's manual, and did a search for "Safe Mode". Not one hit.

It's all good, though. I can access Safe Mode thru msconfig, I guess. It's still a good board [:)

Have an excellent day!

terry

riprap1951

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2009
If anyone out there is into this thread:
Here's what the Gigabyte support people said:
"Dear customer,
When system boots press F8 key, if this doesn't work on USB keyboard you may need to be using PS2 keyboard."
From this I take it to mean that: If you're using a USB-type keyboard [which I am], there's a definite chance that
you might not be able to use a keystroke to access Safe Mode during boot up with this particular board.
/terry