Oct 31, 2009
hello every body

i've just bought a brand new PC with
1TB HD
Gigabyte GA-EP41 Mother board
GeForce 9600 GT VGA card
2 GB DDR2 rams

and i was about to buy a power supply and case to fit these things
but alot of ppl kept warning me about the powersupplys that i may need to fit with my VGA card 9600 GT ,,,, so i'm asking if any one can help what power supply i need :)

thanks

P.S : i use my pc for gaming and GFX & VFX , film making :)

The general rule of thumb is a high quality 500 to 550 watt power supply with sufficient current on the 12 volt rail(s) can easily power a system with any single video card made.

Corsair, PC Power & Cooling, and Seasonic are some of the brands with a reputaion for high quality. They consistently earn high marks in technical reviews. They are reliable, stable, and come with a 5 year warranty.

killwa

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2009
well what would happen if i play it on 350W cooler master power supply
cuz when i tryed to buy the 450W i didn't even find it where i live :|
the 500W is toooo expensive for me right now.

and thanks alot about your advices but if any one knows please tell me if it will work on 350W and what would happen if it didn't shall it crash my pc or hanging it or what?

killwa

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2009
well the site you sent says i need 329 W but if i will make high end gaming pc i need to follow the Amps which as they said i need 22 on +12V
well the power supply on the cooler master says +10A on +12V
and the other power supplies are 20A on the +12V , and thats whats going to drive me crazy :D what the hell they mean with +10A ... ! and is the 20A enough to run it?

The power recommendations made by video card manufacturers and the power calculators are recommendations for an entire pc system. They are overestimated because people insist on buying low budget power supplies of questionable performance and value.

In my previous post I did mention high quality power supplies. Take a look at the Corsair VX450:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139003

If you take a look at the specifications you will see that the current on the +12 volt rail is rated at 33 amps. It's also an energy efficient psu. That's quite an improvement over a low budget power supply.

killwa

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2009
i saw it thanks man :D well the problem is i can't chip it to Alexandria where i live...
thats why i thought about the 350W cooler master which is avalible now
any way guys thanks alot :) that was really useful