Compaq Armada M300 & Windows 2000 Professional

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
Share
May 4, 2004 4:51:50 PM

Greetings:
My hardware:
Compaq Armada M300 & MEU with 8x DVD-Rom

I've upgraded to Win200 Pro. and my DVD-Rom no longer works.
All parts are Compaq. DVD Rom drive part: 8080B

Solutions?
a) Does anyone have the above configuration and have a working DVD-Rom
in a MEU?
Right now I'm using an external USB DVD drive to read CDs, so that I
can (hopefully) load a solution onto my hard drive.

b) Does anyone have an alternative configuration on a Compaq Armada
M300, with a MEU that would allow me to have an internal DVD-Rom
instead of an external DVD Rom? (The entire point of this machine was
how light it is and how the MEU gives you the ability to have the
floppy disk drive and a DVD-Rom in one unit.)

I do have a fresh copy of Win 98SE, and will roll back if I have to.

Open to all suggestions on this one.

Utopian Ideal:
1. Determine hardware compatibility with Win 2000.
(If I determine that my DVD drive isn't compatible, replace it with a
compatible drive=will take suggestions on this too.)
2. Partition hard drive.
3. Format hard drive.
4. Clean install of Win 2000.

If anyone is running on my configuration and is using Windows 2000
Pro, would love to hear your experience and/or process.

Thanks,
Grendel
June 13, 2004 10:41:46 PM

Grendel wrote:
> Greetings:
> My hardware:
> Compaq Armada M300 & MEU with 8x DVD-Rom
>
> I've upgraded to Win200 Pro. and my DVD-Rom no longer works.
> All parts are Compaq. DVD Rom drive part: 8080B
>
> Solutions?
> a) Does anyone have the above configuration and have a working DVD-Rom
> in a MEU?
> Right now I'm using an external USB DVD drive to read CDs, so that I
> can (hopefully) load a solution onto my hard drive.
>
> b) Does anyone have an alternative configuration on a Compaq Armada
> M300, with a MEU that would allow me to have an internal DVD-Rom
> instead of an external DVD Rom? (The entire point of this machine was
> how light it is and how the MEU gives you the ability to have the
> floppy disk drive and a DVD-Rom in one unit.)
>
> I do have a fresh copy of Win 98SE, and will roll back if I have to.
>
> Open to all suggestions on this one.
>
> Utopian Ideal:
> 1. Determine hardware compatibility with Win 2000.
> (If I determine that my DVD drive isn't compatible, replace it with a
> compatible drive=will take suggestions on this too.)
> 2. Partition hard drive.
> 3. Format hard drive.
> 4. Clean install of Win 2000.
>
> If anyone is running on my configuration and is using Windows 2000
> Pro, would love to hear your experience and/or process.
>
> Thanks,
> Grendel
I have an M300 with same DVD drive and it works with XP PRO so I would
have thought 2000 would support it,so you could try it with XP before
formatting to see if it works if it does not not something is wrong with
hardware.
!