Need to increase Vcore voltage?

Tristan944

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2009
Real quick question. This is my first time overclocking so I know hardly anything about it. I have the i7 2600k and have it at 4.6ghz. Other than the multiplier (now at 46), I havent touched anything else.

1. Do I need to increase the voltage? Its at 1.356. The reason I ask is because it would seem to make sense that if the cpu is using more energy, it would need more voltage.

2. If I do need to increase it, what should I set it to, and should I do it in the BIOS on in the TOVERCLOCKER program that came with my mobo?

Thanks guys!

Solution

You already have increased the voltage by just upping the multiplier and leaving the vcore set to auto, how else do you think it went up to 1.356 volts.

You don't have any control over any of your voltages because everything is still on auto, so, as suggested above you may want to learn a little about what your doing. :)

Gosu-Vu

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2011

There is literally a overclocking guide for your processor 2 posts up.

RJR

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009

You already have increased the voltage by just upping the multiplier and leaving the vcore set to auto, how else do you think it went up to 1.356 volts.

You don't have any control over any of your voltages because everything is still on auto, so, as suggested above you may want to learn a little about what your doing. :)

Solution