Sign in with
Your question

H60 water cooler running hot?

Last response: in Overclocking
September 23, 2011 9:09:41 PM

Hi all,

My corsiar H60 water cooler used to be running at 33 idle, now all of the sudden its like 37 idle...wierd...

Settings:

- phenom x4 965 @ 4GHz on stock voltage
- amd Cool n quiet is "ON"
- system smart fans are turned off so they run at max RPM's all the time
- I have an antec 300 case with 4 fans + the H60
- All fans are turned to "Highest" speeds

Airflow setup

Front x 2 = Intake
Side x 1 = Intake
Back (h60) = Intake
Top x 1 = Exhaust

I'm confused , not sure if my fan speeds being all at HIGH is not optimal, or if I should change cool n quiet in the bios or something...any help would be appreciated
a c 324 K Overclocking
September 23, 2011 9:14:17 PM

Ambient temps a little warmer lately? Maybe your radiator needs to be cleaned out with some compressed air?
September 23, 2011 9:20:18 PM

rubix_1011 said:
Ambient temps a little warmer lately? Maybe your radiator needs to be cleaned out with some compressed air?

i forgot to mention the radiator and fan rpm

fan = 1750 rpm
rad/waterblock w/e u call it = 4218 rpm
Related resources
a c 324 K Overclocking
September 23, 2011 9:25:20 PM

The second is likely the pump speed, but not sure if that is actually accurate...unless its listed by a Corsair H60 GUI...?
a b K Overclocking
September 23, 2011 10:50:31 PM

Yeah, seems like the ambient temps might be the problem. Check your processes, though, and see what's running. Have you installed anything new recently?
a b K Overclocking
September 23, 2011 11:26:19 PM

No, I believe that the retention screws used on the bracket may be slipping off of the bracket...This is why I hate the H60 the AMD installation is easy yet very inefficient ...Although ambient temps may be on the rise for the set-up or processes may be running in the background like others have stated..I just thought I would throw that out there fo what its worth...As my H60 popped out of place twice...and yes I know what I am doing...There is no GUI for the H60 I use speedfan to control the fan speed Never touch the PUMP SPEED i.e. 4200 rpm
!