Strange Volatge Readings

tstng

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2009
Not sure if it's the right forum to ask this, but I just downloaded CPUID Hardware Monitor because I intend to do some OC-ing and decided to first get my bearings first and noticed some strange readings. I am new to the OC-ing and don;t know much about PSU-s and didn't know what to make of these readings. Firts of all, the -12V and -5V readings are weird. For one they don't always show up in CPUID at all and when they do the readings are weird, -6V for the -12V sensor and -15 for the -5. And if there's a +12 and -12, where's the +5? I Then there's FANIN2. I only have a CPU Fan mounted, the 2 case fans I have are directly powered from the PSU and not connected to the mobo, so there shouldn't be any way to monitor those. I also have to mention that FANIN2 doesn't show up always as well. I also used ASUS PC Probe II (my mobo is a brand new Asus M4A785-M) and it shows +5 and +12 just fine. And I would also like to know what are TMPIN0 and TMPIN1. Comapring it with Everest's readings TMPIN0 is Aux (which I belive is a sensor mounted in or near the CPU socket) and TMPIN1 is the mobo sensor. Here's a screenshot of CPUID, Everest & PC Probe
cpuid.jpg

tstng

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2009
I've checked in BIOS. Everything seems ok but then again CPUID got the positive voltages right as well, it's the -5 and -12 that i'm curious about (those don't show up under bios) and the weird 675000 RPM phatom fan :sarcastic:

tstng

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2009
Here's a pic of CPUID that I took this afternoon when I turned on my PC

cpuid2.jpg

As you can see the -12V still shows -6 volts, but the -5V reading and the phantom FANIN2 disappeared and still no +5V even though PC Probe and bios show it just fine.