Sign in with
Your question

Graphics card problem?

Last response: in Overclocking
September 24, 2011 4:28:50 AM

Hi i just built my first new computer i am wondering when i connect the graphics card power and power on the PC there is no display, bios or anything. , If i disconnect the power to the graphics card there IS display and bios. So I went ahead and tried to install win7 but then fail to boot CD. is it the graphics card problem?

Thanks

More about : graphics card problem

a b U Graphics card
a c 241 K Overclocking
September 24, 2011 11:08:14 AM

If you had problem tell detail your spec? How can people help you, if doesn't know anything
m
l
September 24, 2011 1:39:56 PM

oops. my motherboard is z68x-ud3h-bd with core i5 2nd gen processor, my graphics card is amd radeon hd 6950, my powersupply is corsair tx750 v2.

i also notice if i don't plug in the graphics card when i press power button the fan on the graphics card run at max speed and loud and there is display and bios and mobo lights stay on longer, but when i plug the power into graphics card the fan on the graphics card is quiet but show no display or anything and mobo lights turn off in around 30sec.
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
a b U Graphics card
a c 241 K Overclocking
September 25, 2011 4:03:58 PM

Try use onboard firt, and then go bios, disabled chip internal graphic (igp) dan save . Remove cable AC from psu, put hd6950, double check all cable connection. Try turn on pc .. ?
m
l
September 26, 2011 1:16:41 AM

where are you pluggin in the display cable?
m
l
!