unneeded icom

IN WINDOWS XP,THE BAR AT BOTTOM RIGHT IS DISPLAYING A QUICKTIME ICON. I DONOT HAVE THIS PROGRAM. YET IT APPEARS NEXT TO TIME FIELD AT EACH POWER UP. NOTHING HAPPENS TO THE ICON WHEN I DOUBLE CLICK YET WHEN RIGHT CLICKING IT BRINGS UP FOLLOWING OPTIONS:QUICKTIME WEB SITE, OPEN FAVORITES,OPEN RECENT, & EXIT WHICH ARE IN BOLD LETTERS. I CAN EXIT THAT ICON OFF THE TASKBAR BUT IT APPEARS AGAIN WHEN I POWER ON THE PC. EVEN GOING THRU THE TASKBAR/START MENU PROPERTIES AND MAKING IT NOT APPEAR WONT HELP. I'M NOT AWARE OF RECENTLY USING QUKTIME FOR VIEWING ANYTHING.
1 answer Last reply
More about unneeded icom

    "casi" <casi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >IN WINDOWS XP,THE BAR AT BOTTOM RIGHT IS DISPLAYING A QUICKTIME ICON. I DONOT HAVE THIS PROGRAM. YET IT APPEARS NEXT TO TIME FIELD AT EACH POWER UP. NOTHING HAPPENS TO THE ICON WHEN I DOUBLE CLICK YET WHEN RIGHT CLICKING IT BRINGS UP FOLLOWING OPTIONS:QUICKTIME WEB SITE, OPEN FAVORITES,OPEN RECENT, & EXIT WHICH ARE IN BOLD LETTERS. I CAN EXIT THAT ICON OFF THE TASKBAR BUT IT APPEARS AGAIN WHEN I POWER ON THE PC. EVEN GOING THRU THE TASKBAR/START MENU PROPERTIES AND MAKING IT NOT APPEAR WONT HELP. I'M NOT AWARE OF RECENTLY USING QUKTIME FOR VIEWING ANYTHING.

    Remove QTTASK.EXE from your startup settings. Applications that start
    with Windows can be found here:
    - the Registry keys
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices
    - the folders
    C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\ALL USERS\START MENU\PROGRAMS\STARTUP
    C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\{username}\START MENU\PROGRAMS\STARTUP
    See also "How to Troubleshoot By Using the Msconfig Utility in Windows
    XP" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310560). Also find all
    QTTASK.EXE files on the HDD and delete them.

    --
    (tm)

Configuration Windows XP