How to tell if ICH10R driver is installed?

jazzmac251

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2011
I had to apply this fix http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922976 to get W7 to recognize my RAID array. I then installed the "intel rapid storage technology" program (driver?). I'm getting pretty good read speeds, but I suspect my write speeds could be suffering. Could that be because my ICH10R controller is missing a driver? I don't know if it's one of those "if it's working, you're good" things or if i'm perhaps using a less efficient MS driver or something. Any way to check that?

I know for a fact that I never installed the ICH10R driver that came with my Asus board.

Thoughts?

jazzmac251

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2011

Thanks for the reply.

I'm running RAID0. I tried Raid 5, but benchmarks put my write speed at an abysmal 1mb/s. My read speeds were pretty unimpressive too until I installed the Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver (if that actually is what that thing is, a driver). After installation of that, I was getting burst speeds of almost 3gb/s and average read times of +350 mb/s. Write speeds hover around 100 mb/s though.

I don't know why I'm getting such horrible Raid 5 writes. Makes me suspect there's another piece of the puzzle missing, perhaps having to do with the fact that I never installed an ICH10R driver.

jazzmac251

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2011

Yeah, it was healthy, unfortunately.