Sign in with
Your question

How to tell if ICH10R driver is installed?

Last response: in Storage
May 17, 2011 4:57:56 AM

I had to apply this fix http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922976 to get W7 to recognize my RAID array. I then installed the "intel rapid storage technology" program (driver?). I'm getting pretty good read speeds, but I suspect my write speeds could be suffering. Could that be because my ICH10R controller is missing a driver? I don't know if it's one of those "if it's working, you're good" things or if i'm perhaps using a less efficient MS driver or something. Any way to check that?

I know for a fact that I never installed the ICH10R driver that came with my Asus board.

Thoughts?
a b G Storage
May 17, 2011 5:37:31 AM

What RAID # are you running? I didn't have to do much (I don't remember doing anything) to get my RAID array working with Windows 7. My RAID 0 and RAID 5 perform very well.
m
l
May 17, 2011 5:54:46 AM

dalauder said:
What RAID # are you running? I didn't have to do much (I don't remember doing anything) to get my RAID array working with Windows 7. My RAID 0 and RAID 5 perform very well.

Thanks for the reply.

I'm running RAID0. I tried Raid 5, but benchmarks put my write speed at an abysmal 1mb/s. My read speeds were pretty unimpressive too until I installed the Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver (if that actually is what that thing is, a driver). After installation of that, I was getting burst speeds of almost 3gb/s and average read times of +350 mb/s. Write speeds hover around 100 mb/s though.

I don't know why I'm getting such horrible Raid 5 writes. Makes me suspect there's another piece of the puzzle missing, perhaps having to do with the fact that I never installed an ICH10R driver.
m
l
Related resources
a b G Storage
May 18, 2011 3:04:48 AM

Is your RAID 5 "Healthy"? If it is in "Rebuild" mode, performance will be severely degraded. If you want to be sure how to tell if it's in "Rebuild" mode, you can start up with one drive not connected and it should show its status on boot up.
m
l
May 19, 2011 5:22:07 AM

dalauder said:
Is your RAID 5 "Healthy"? If it is in "Rebuild" mode, performance will be severely degraded. If you want to be sure how to tell if it's in "Rebuild" mode, you can start up with one drive not connected and it should show its status on boot up.

Yeah, it was healthy, unfortunately.
m
l
!