nyghtfyre

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009
I was wondering if there was a way of playing games full-screen on my 22" LCD while on my 17" LCD running a full screen movie?

Currently when I run full screen on my 22" it will make half the 17" LCD black and will not allow the video to go full-screen.

I am running two ATI cards - ASUS ATI EAH4770 512MB DDR3 which are cross-fired. Both monitors are plugged into the top-most card.

Is there anyway to, umm... virtualise each screen so it runs on in a separate space as such?

Solution
I believe with games it asks for exclusive mode on the video card. Putting it simply, since you are already playing a game, you can't ask the video card to also play the video. (Unless you make the video player or game render in software mode which would make it look crappy as hell and very slow to boot.)

amnotanoobie

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2006
I believe with games it asks for exclusive mode on the video card. Putting it simply, since you are already playing a game, you can't ask the video card to also play the video. (Unless you make the video player or game render in software mode which would make it look crappy as hell and very slow to boot.)

Solution