Intel E6600 overclocking problem with Intel DX48bt24

loneeagler

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2011
Hello,
If anyone knows what bios setting are needede for this board to overclock rellay could use the help. i have got it up to 2.85ghz but anything faster it keeps rebooting. I turned off stepping turned up voltage a notch and cpu temp is below 120f. but i thing i need more bios setiing to get it working better. Thanks

There likely not good boards for overclocking.

However your problem may be that when you raise your fsb, your also raising your rams speed. At some point the ram is going to reach its maximum point and the machine will fail overclock.

If you have 800mhz ram, then make sure when you raise your fsb that you unlink the cpu/fsb or change the dimm ratio so the ram stays at or under 800mhz. If your hitting 850 or 900 it will cause the overclock to fail.

loneeagler

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2011

Hi I have the cpu overclocked now at 3.05 now, temp is under 120 when running PerformanceTest. should i try highr than where i'm at 3.05? and i've got ram thats not OCed. I set it at 800mhz then i was able to oc cpu after that. i need settings for bios to OC ram. and is there any benefit to OC ram? my bios has a no. of settings to set ram at but i can't find anything on this site on ram settings.

Motherboard: Intel DX48bt2
CPU: Inte core 2duo E6600 2.4GHz
Video card: ATI Radeon HD4890
Memory: 2 Corsair 2G DDR3 1333
OS Windows 7
Cooling: Ultra Carbon X5

TRENDING THREADS