Window's won't start, bios doesn't conform to acpi speification

colbert 345

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2010
Hello,

after receiving an error message telling me ati2cqag.dll "page fault in nonpaged area", ( bsod)

my computer rebooted but windows won't start up.
Just before windows starts this message appears : "bios is not fully compliant to acpi

specification"

everything was working fine before ( i've never had any problems with it and i have it

for over a year).
i've tried to repair it with windows dvd repair console but it doesn't let me go to

that option.

i thought it was my psu so i changed it but it changed nothing ( i always have the bios

is not fully compliant to acpi specification).

winxp sp3
core 2 duo
hd4850
asus p5q pro

please help me.
thanks in advance

amdchuck

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2001
Well you don't say what version of Windows so I am just guessing here but if you review this MSKB article you'll find it applies (indirectly) and may offer a solution.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314830

Also, I assume you have manually entered the BIOS and confirmed the settings are as you would expect, perhaps loaded BIOS defaults, rebooted, made required boot changes in BIOS and attempted a start up?

colbert345

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2010
i've just checked the memory and this was the culprit. as soon as i remove the memory stick and rebooted all was ok.

my powersupply was really hot just after the crash and the fan on it wasn't working so that's why i changed it.

thanks a lot for all your help.
it was appreciated.