First time Desktop Build Complete! VERY HAPPY

jdbaker82

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2009
Boy did I never think in a million years things would go so smooth! I will be building my own for the rest of my life now for sure!.

Phenom II 955 CPU w/Xigmatek S-1293 CPU Cooler
CoolerMaster HAF 932 Case
ASUS Crosshair III MB
Sapphire Toxic 4870
Corsair 750W PSU

After carefully reading all instructions and coming to Tomshardware with a couple questions this thing POST perfect on first try no issues with anything. What makes me even happier is how well this case is build and how easy it makes everything and the Mobo makes it sooooo easy to overclock and has so many nice little features that I would recommend for anyone building their first desktop that plans on OCing. I was worried my Xigmatek was not seated 100% on the CPU but I am getting 34C Idle temps! Connected this to my 50" Samsung HDTV after installing all the drivers and software it worked like a charm without touching anything 1080p looks great! (My TV has a automatic "Just scan" feature). Installing some games now to test some benchmarks but this thing FLYS!! 100% Satisfied Newegg customer I literally ordered on Monday and the order arrived the VERY NEXT DAY at 3 pm.

jonsy2k

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2009
hahah yeah congratulations on your success, but this hobby does become a bit on an addiction.

Also i know what you're talking about with the newegg thing. I ordered from my dorm in UCLA on wednesday, and the product came on friday. I was pretty shocked, until i saw that the distribution center was literally like 30 minutes away haha

jdbaker82

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2009

Yes it sure does the one thing I need improvement on is cable management I will get around to it on my next one or when I upgrade this one.

Outlanders first rule of cable management :
keep the side on the case
Outlanders second rule of cable management:
case windows are for tidy people

Congratulations btw

jdbaker82

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2009

If there's one thing I DID do it was to make sure airflow from every single fan in the case was not obstructed. Actually just looking through the window it looks clean but as soon as you pull the side off you will see some bundled cables running along the side.