University Weirdness

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

I was playing a dorm that had two playable students (Lola and Greta) in it
and about 12 NPC students. Lola graduated while Greta was in her junior
year, and I threw a party and moved her back to Pleasantview, which all went
very smoothly. Quite soon after that, I got the message that you usually get
when your last playable Sim leaves the lot, asking if you want to reset the
lot or save it as it is. I couldn't work out what to do, being afraid of
losing Greta, but I settled for choosing to reset. Nothing seemed to happen,
but then I got a message saying that Tosha had moved back to Pleasantview
and was now in the Sim bin, and then the game continued as normal. Greta's
turn came and she graduated and I moved her back home, and reset the lot.
When I went to Pleasantview and checked the Sim bin, sure enough a Tosha Go
was in there. This is really weird. I didn't even realise she was living in
the dorm (but there were so many NPC students and I'd had a couple of new
ones added the previous time I'd played it so she could have been one of
them...). Has anyone else ever had this happen?

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

Not sure if this is related to your issue, but is it THE Tosha Go? The
one with the blonde pigtail thingos? I've noticed that Maxis tends to
reuse character names - for instance I had Meadow Thayer go to
University and in her first day in - I think - the art major she met
Prof. Meadow Thayer!

~*~
vecki

"Whogus the Whatsler" <who@what.sler> wrote in message
> I was playing a dorm that had two playable students (Lola and Greta) in it
> and about 12 NPC students. Lola graduated while Greta was in her junior
> year, and I threw a party and moved her back to Pleasantview, which all
went
> very smoothly. Quite soon after that, I got the message that you usually
get
> when your last playable Sim leaves the lot, asking if you want to reset
the
> lot or save it as it is. I couldn't work out what to do, being afraid of
> losing Greta, but I settled for choosing to reset. Nothing seemed to
happen,
> but then I got a message saying that Tosha had moved back to Pleasantview
> and was now in the Sim bin, and then the game continued as normal. Greta's
> turn came and she graduated and I moved her back home, and reset the lot.
> When I went to Pleasantview and checked the Sim bin, sure enough a Tosha
Go
> was in there. This is really weird. I didn't even realise she was living
in
> the dorm (but there were so many NPC students and I'd had a couple of new
> ones added the previous time I'd played it so she could have been one of
> them...). Has anyone else ever had this happen?

Tosha Go is a teen in Pleasantville. When I was shipping Alexander Goth,
Dustin Broke and the Pleasant girls off to University, I did it through the
"send sims to college" dialog box. So, I threw in a few townies as well,
mostly to give Alexander a running start on finding a girlfriend. I sent
Tosha to college and, as luck would have it, she graduated tonight and went
back to Pleasantville, in my game. But I had actually played her through
college.

Alexander was astounded and very pleased to discover that when Meadow Thayer
arrived at his dorm, she instantly changed into a very goth dress. He
ambled over and said hello and their relationship shoot up right away. A
couple of hours of hanging out and she let him flirt with her. Then he got
his first kiss. By the end of the sophomore year, he'd redecorated his dorm
room to include a double bed and they cuddled and woohooed. He was beside
himself with pleasure and apparently wanted to see if "doing it" had changed
his appearance because the very first thing he did after getting out of bed
was to go straight to a mirror and check himself out. LOL

God, I love this game.

Jeanie

> Alexander was astounded and very pleased to discover that when Meadow
> Thayer
> arrived at his dorm, she instantly changed into a very goth dress. He
> ambled over and said hello and their relationship shoot up right away. A
> couple of hours of hanging out and she let him flirt with her. Then he
> got
> his first kiss. By the end of the sophomore year, he'd redecorated his
> dorm
> room to include a double bed and they cuddled and woohooed. He was beside
> himself with pleasure and apparently wanted to see if "doing it" had
> changed
> his appearance because the very first thing he did after getting out of
> bed
> was to go straight to a mirror and check himself out. LOL

That's great! LOL, ironically enough, Alexander is married to Meadow's
daughter in my game!

"vecki" <vecsta02@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Not sure if this is related to your issue, but is it THE Tosha Go? The
> one with the blonde pigtail thingos? I've noticed that Maxis tends to
> reuse character names - for instance I had Meadow Thayer go to
> University and in her first day in - I think - the art major she met
> Prof. Meadow Thayer!

I know, I hate this, esp. whenever I'm working with SimPE and I find 3 Ivy
Copurs.

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

"vecki" <vecsta02@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Not sure if this is related to your issue, but is it THE Tosha Go? The
> one with the blonde pigtail thingos? I've noticed that Maxis tends to
> reuse character names - for instance I had Meadow Thayer go to
> University and in her first day in - I think - the art major she met
> Prof. Meadow Thayer!

I haven't had a close look at her so I'm not sure, but I don't think it's
THE Tosha Go because I'm pretty sure she's a teen, not a Young Adult at
University. I've also noticed a lot of character name recycling going on.

> "vecki" <vecsta02@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Not sure if this is related to your issue, but is it THE Tosha Go? The
> > one with the blonde pigtail thingos? I've noticed that Maxis tends to
> > reuse character names - for instance I had Meadow Thayer go to
> > University and in her first day in - I think - the art major she met
> > Prof. Meadow Thayer!
> >

> I haven't had a close look at her so I'm not sure, but I don't think it's
> THE Tosha Go because I'm pretty sure she's a teen, not a Young Adult at
> University. I've also noticed a lot of character name recycling going on.

Yeah. You get 3-4 NPCs when the same exact name. Which is very very
annoying. I hope they improve this in Nightlife.

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

I also have seen this name "recycling" I have a fimily who have 2 friends
named Ivy Something, and one is a black haired dark skinned adult, the other
is a teen brunnette with med skin... and i also noticed a child named
Orlando Betino, then my teen sim brought him home frome school and he was a
teen....

On Thu, 07 Jul 2005 03:24:28 GMT, Jeanie <Nobody@home.com> wrote:

> Alexander was astounded and very pleased to discover that when Meadow
> Thayer
> arrived at his dorm, she instantly changed into a very goth dress. He
> ambled over and said hello and their relationship shoot up right away. A
> couple of hours of hanging out and she let him flirt with her. Then he
> got
> his first kiss. By the end of the sophomore year, he'd redecorated his
> dorm
> room to include a double bed and they cuddled and woohooed. He was
> beside
> himself with pleasure and apparently wanted to see if "doing it" had
> changed
> his appearance because the very first thing he did after getting out of
> bed
> was to go straight to a mirror and check himself out. LOL
>
> God, I love this game.

The Sim students are so whacky. I have three friends living together in a
small house, one popularity and two knowledge aspiration, none of them are
in love with anyone yet, and still they all automatically get the "very
first woohoo" wish whenever they host a party, no matter who they invite.
I guess they are modeled on real college students. ^_^*

good sign." -G