730a/Phenom II 955 Issue

mcpolako

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2009
Ok, I decided to create this thread to get some orientation, about the issue I am confronting.

Ok recently (3 days ago) order all my parts for my new and first build.

which mainly included and Nforce 730a MOBO and a phenom 955.

since the day I stuck everything together I've been having troubles.

phenom just showed up 800 mhz from the 3.2 ghz available, after lots of research and attemps I finnally updated my bios to the latest update.

well it didnt solve the problem as neither of the things I've been trying.

well finally I decided to go to the Bios for myself.

then finally after more research I was able to start increasing the multipliers from x4 to x13.

which is giving me 2.6 ghz (I allready start to notice the increase in speed on my PC)

well I have some Questions.

for some reason I decided to increase the CPU VID to 1.25v (default was .9v) How much do I have to increase the voltage of my cpu if I want to get to the 3.2 ghz and maybe OC a lill?

What is the CPU NB FID.. should I change that to along whit the CPU FID?

And last question (for now) Im having troubles with the Hexadecimal numbers i was following this table:

http://ocia.net/aimages/309_5_full.jpg

But for some reason my bios have different values for the numbers, I dont know why, Is there another table of hex numbers I should follow?.

Im really puzzled with this.

Thanks in advance :).

Other info: win vista x32, Ram DDR2 1GB X2

mcpolako

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2009
Yeah the first thing I did was disable C&Q with no effect at all :) it seems this MOBO does not fully reconize that feature, even with the latest update.

Thanx for the default data.

mcpolako

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2009
EVGA Nforce 730a

Motherboard Model 113-M2-E113

NVIDIA GeForce 8200 revision. A2

Southbridge ID075C

BIOS Phoenix Technologies version 6.00 pg

Thats the main info about the MOBO.

jdbaker82

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2009
Sorry to hear this.. Guess this is why you should go with a recommended Mobo and not just some random cheaap/sale one. Wish I could help but all I know is my Asus Crosshair III went together and everything ran perfect from start to finish it almost did all the work for me lol

mcpolako

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2009
Well finally I managed to get my phenom at 3.2 so im happy... kind of.

As soon as I get some money Ill get another MOBO.

the reason I got it is coz it cost just $85 it was really chip, for the price I cant complain much.

anyways i'll wait until I get some money to buy an Asus or Gigabite.

Any recomendations?

mcpolako

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2009
Im sorry for the double post.

I just wanna share that I managed to OC my phenom at 3.5! even with all the problems.

It looks kind of stable right know, but I wanna share some screens shots so you cant see.

How can I know if is stable?

captureain.jpg

capture2xks.jpg

PD: If you see something wrong with the shots tell me right away please :)

Use prime95 to stress all 4 cores to 100%, if it starts throwing errors or crashes its not stable, but make sure you watch your heat when you are running it as well, you dont want it to get up past 60.