Accessing a white protected memory card in win xp

Hello. I have a memory card that is white protected. I cannot copy anything unto it and it refused to be formatted. My OS is WIN XP PROF. Please i want to know how to unprotect it and how to format it despite being white protected. Thank you
12 answers Last reply
More about accessing white protected memory card
  1. sassaka said:
    Hello. I have a memory card that is white protected. I cannot copy anything unto it and it refused to be formatted. My OS is WIN XP PROF. Please i want to know how to unprotect it and how to format it despite being white protected. Thank you

    It doesn't have a slider bar on the card that has to be moved does it ?

    otherwise

    This link shows how to enable write protect - scroll down and there is a link to write protect or disable write protect for device.
    http://www.ghacks.net/2011/03/18/how-to-enable-write-protection-of-usb-devices-under-windows/
  2. Hello. Thanks for the suggestion. It doesn't have a slide bar
  3. sassaka said:
    Hello. Thanks for the suggestion. It doesn't have a slide bar

    Then follow the instructions in the link I provided you, or format the drive.

    And it is Write, not white protected ! :lol:
  4. Sir, I followed your method but the memory card still remains write protected
  5. Start command prompt (Run window)
    Type regedit and press enter
    Now the registry window will be opened.
    Type the following path
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\StorageDevicePolicies
    just do the Double click on Write Protect Tab and make the value as zero
    Exit the registry window
  6. Thank you sir. This is what i did. I first went to the command prompt, typed REGEDIT and pressed enter. I then typed the keys specified after the registry window was opened. I changed the value to 0 and exited. However the card still remains write protected. Thanks for your concern but help me please.
  7. sassaka said:
    Thank you sir. This is what i did. I first went to the command prompt, typed REGEDIT and pressed enter. I then typed the keys specified after the registry window was opened. I changed the value to 0 and exited. However the card still remains write protected. Thanks for your concern but help me please.



    The solutions you have already received should have worked.

    Try formating the drive this way:
    Right click the drive, format, file system fat32
  8. Hello. Please how can i know the right (.net framework) for my pc. I installed nero kwik media when in attempted to load it it failed and instead asked me to install .net framework 4.0 and 2.0.5727. I downloaded and installed framework 4.0 successfully. However framework 2.0 refused to install and told me that it was not not compatible with the previously installed one. I downloaded several types of framewor 2.0 but whemever i came to install i got the same message. Initially i installed nero 7 ultra edition but could not access it. I could not even find it in add and remove programmes even though it showed me that it was installed Can someone help me out please.
  9. sassaka said:
    Hello. Please how can i know the right (.net framework) for my pc. I installed nero kwik media when in attempted to load it it failed and instead asked me to install .net framework 4.0 and 2.0.5727. I downloaded and installed framework 4.0 successfully. However framework 2.0 refused to install and told me that it was not not compatible with the previously installed one. I downloaded several types of framewor 2.0 but whemever i came to install i got the same message. Initially i installed nero 7 ultra edition but could not access it. I could not even find it in add and remove programmes even though it showed me that it was installed Can someone help me out please.



    DO NOT piggy back another question onto an existing topic. Start a new post.
  10. sassaka said:
    Hello. Please how can i know the right (.net framework) for my pc. I installed nero kwik media when in attempted to load it it failed and instead asked me to install .net framework 4.0 and 2.0.5727. I downloaded and installed framework 4.0 successfully. However framework 2.0 refused to install and told me that it was not not compatible with the previously installed one. I downloaded several types of framewor 2.0 but whemever i came to install i got the same message. Initially i installed nero 7 ultra edition but could not access it. I could not even find it in add and remove programmes even though it showed me that it was installed Can someone help me out please.


    Did you resolve the write protect issue ? If not, possible you have a defective device. Where did you purchase it and what is the Manufacturer and product name ?
  11. Hello. Thanks everyone. Repeating the cmd formular i have finally succeeded in write-unprotecting my device this morning. My regards to all the helping hands. Thanks a lot
  12. Your welcome we are all glad to help!
Ask a new question

Read More

Memory Card Windows XP